cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aesthetics v.s Graphics- Which do you prefer?

shahidrahman
Level 7
I've recently started playing my first next gen game, Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain, and man am i not impressed by the huge graphics improvement since ps2 time. I know some people prefer aesthetics over graphics so I wanted to hear your guys opinions. ;x
I also heard that some players prefer to play at high rather than ultra which is weird but understandable.
3 REPLIES 3

Korth
Level 14
Are not aesthetics and graphics the same thing? How it looks is how it looks, yes?

If you're asking about graphic quality vs graphic performance then my answer is always the very best available quality the system can support, no compromise. Provided raw fps rates are still playable. I defer troublesome tradeoff choices to my poor wallet, lol, hardware upgrades always make things easier.

Other people have other preferences, and some of them consistently pwn me in PvP gaming. I'm just of the opinion that there's little point in playing if I'm not enjoying the quality of the game as much as possible, I might die a little more often but when I die it sure looks good!
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

thetanaz
Level 7
For games Like League,CS GO etc I want high stable FPS but those are relatively light weight games if we're talking about action titles and single player games with great story lines I'd sacrifice FPS for quality anyday just for the presentation.

shahidrahman
Level 7
True I do love good graphics and like Korth said, dying looks even better at ultra lol. I do, however, love how pc game developers still make the game look pretty damn good on low. I was playing MGS 5 on low just to test it out and damn it looked awesome. Only thing is that the outer lines and shadows of characters and object were little blurry or missing but that definitely doesn't stop me.