cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX USB 3.0 Root Hub error 31 - Windows 10

chrisjpopp
Level 8
I noticed that the USB 3.0 port on my G74sx is not working for any type of USB device.

I took a loot at the Device Manager within Windows 10 and I've got a yellow triangle next to "Fresco Logic xHCI (USB3) Root Hub". The driver is 3.5.97.0 and dated 02/25/2013.

Under Device Status, I have the following:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device

Trying to update the driver does no good. I've gone looking for info on this and have seen other folks get frustrated as well but everything I have seen is for Windows 8.1.... and I am running Windows 10.

My Fresco Logic xHCI (USB3) Controller FL1000 Series has a driver date of 7/30/2015 and a driver version of 3.6.8.0.

I've gone looking for newer root hub drivers but have either found sites in Cyrillic, sites that want me to load their driver search software or sites with old drivers.

Threads via Microsoft have OP running in circles with doing diagnostics and updating - which I have done to no avail (and did not need a MS admin to tell me to do).

I realize that the G74SX is a 4 year old system but surely there's folks out here that have found this problem and conquered it?

I am not running AICharger. Bluetooth is not running (in fact, I could never get it to run). I saw mentions of a reg patch but that didn't help.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
Chris
4 REPLIES 4

toronto699
Level 13
not sure if this is usefull
http://frescologic.com/support.php

Thanks for the link!

Had to uninstall my FL1000 Root Hub and Controller and delete the drivers while doing so. Then do a scan for new hardware. Drivers dated 11-2-2012 (3.5.93) were then installed.

After that, I was able to run the driver installer that you linked to at Fresco and it's all good - both are now 3.6.8

Seems that if you have the Root Hub at 3.5.97 there's problems - especially if your Controller has a newer driver.

Hope this info helps others in the future.

toronto699
Level 13
Glad all is well with your lappy

RazorWolf
Level 7
Sorry to hear that, hope you find a fix, I have G74SX-BBK8 and when i loaded windows 10 upgrade i have had no problems with any of the drivers.