cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control Fan speed from BIOS for Rampage V Extreme

EasyLover
Level 8
Hello,

I've attached two Noctua NH-A14 140mm fans on Corsair H110i GT and two same fans on the intake. All fans are PWM. I would like to run all these fans under 1500 RPM. Please guide me on how I can do this on my Asus Rampage V Extreme. I'll be thankful.
Live your life the way you want, not the way others want!
14 REPLIES 14

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Go into "monitor" tab in bios....scroll down and you have all the control options. Manual 3-44 3-45

PWM control is by header...totally intuitive and great manual settings...can set %RPM vs various temperature sensors from the board. CPU/VRM etc. etc.

EasyLover
Level 8
I already did that but it was being not effective. Turns out clearing CMOS and doing the settings again worked. Surprisingly though as I don't think clearing CMOS was that much necessary.

Pleot
Level 8
I control my PWM fans with AIsuite 3. Had to set them as PWM on BIOS and then run the fan calibration on AIsuite to get it to work and it does give me total control right from the desktop which is really great 🙂 But take in consideration that I only got it working after letting the calibration
routine do its thing in the prog. Before the calibration the prog did not recognize the fans, like they did not exist.

EasyLover
Level 8
Thanks. I was able to control them through BIOS. Set them all to PWM from DC. They work in group so I ensured that each set of two fans is in right group as the group settings will be applied on both fans. Not using AiSuite though at the moment but the fans are controlled through motheroard now. Thanks to all for their input and advice please. (y)

EasyLover wrote:
Thanks. I was able to control them through BIOS. Set them all to PWM from DC. They work in group so I ensured that each set of two fans is in right group as the group settings will be applied on both fans. Not using AiSuite though at the moment but the fans are controlled through motheroard now. Thanks to all for their input and advice please. (y)

do you get any issues with a fan ramping up for a few seconds for no reason?

EasyLover
Level 8
Yes, they do so right at the start and then slowed down.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

GoNz0-
Level 10

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah i guessed you meant during running time GoNz0....that's not normal unless you have a temp set that the board transitions through often and big percentage difference set for pwm?....like 100% fan at 40 degrees 60% 30 degrees...on cpu or vrm....that kind of thing