cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to create SLI of Asus Strix GTX 980 Tis

EasyLover
Level 8
I'm unable to create SLI in Nvidia Control panel because no such option of SLI Configurator under 3D Settings are visible. I've already used DDU to complete remove the existing drivers and installed the newer ones. No luck. Please help me in this regard.

Asus Strix GTX 980 Ti DC3-6GD5
Asus Rampage V Extreme
Intel i7 5930k
G.Skill 4x8GB @ 2800 MHz DDR4 kit
Intel 750 series PCIe NVMe 400GB SSD
Live your life the way you want, not the way others want!
54 REPLIES 54

Nate152
Hello EasyLover

Under manage 3d settings, configure sli, surround, physx tick maximize 3d performance and click apply.

If you have two strix 980ti's installed and you're not getting this option check in the bios to see if both are recognized.

Hmmm! LED lighting on the second one is on and both cards are visible under GPU-Z.5297352974

EasyLover
Level 8
Under GPUz Post: Only one is being shown. On the PCIe slot no 1.52972

Nate152
it looks like you have the 2nd gpu in the black slot as it's only running at x4.

You want them in the red slots 1 and 3 and will have to use a 3 way sli bridge to connect them.

Card one is in Red slot 1 where as card 2 is in black slot PCIe x4_1. I am also using Intel PCIe SSD. If I were to install second card on the third red slot where would I place the SSD?

You can let the pcie ssd where it is, it will be a tight fit but both gpu's will be running at x16.

Or you could move the pcie ssd to the 2nd red slot and the first gpu will run at x16 and the second one will run at x8.

Also don't forget to connect the pcie power cables.

EasyLover
Level 8
What? Why not two SLI Bridge? Don't break my heart please 😛

Nate152
LOL I'm not trying to break your heart.

If you look at the 2nd gpu-z page it is running at pcie x4 2.0 this looks to me like you have the 2nd gpu in the black slot. Please put the 2nd 980ti in the 3rd red slot then you should get the maximize 3d performance option.

What if I put SSD in first red slot, one card in second red slot and second one in 4th red slot? Will it work?