cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G75VW Low FPS in smokes (CS:GO)

Legendaren
Level 7
Hello!

For maybe a year now, I've noticed that I get severe FPS drops (under 60 sometimes) when standing near a smoke in CS:GO.
I can't remember if it has always been like this, but I've been forced to lower all my settings and resolution to get a minor impact on the FPS drops.
Now the question I have is, how do I fix this problem so that I can play consistently without FPS drops?

My computer specs are:
CPU: Intel Core i7 - 3610QM, 2.3 GHz
GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M 3GB
RAM: 8GB
HDD: 750GB
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
Laptop monitor: 17.3' inch, Full HD 1920x1080
I have updated all my drivers so that I am running the latest ones.

My in-game specs in CS:GO are:
Lowest on everything
No V-sync
No Antialiasing
No Motion blur
Enabled Multicore Rendering
Resolution: 1024x768, Black bars
Overall FPS (except for smoke/nade effects): 150-250 FPS
2 REPLIES 2

Mattiman338
Level 7
Hey buddy, I have the exact same version laptop as yours, except that I have 2x your RAM.

Now, I don't have a solution to your issue, but, I may know when it started.

I used to have great FPS under all circumstances in CSGO, until an update, which I think was the Chroma collection, I'm not too sure, but I'm confident that is the issue, cause FPS in csgo sucks now, yet I can play Battlefield 4 on High settings with a stable 135 FPS.

I'm not too sure how Valve managed to **** this up, but.

They did.

P.S. Let me know if you find a solution to our issue.

P.P.S. I'm Legendary Eagle and I have been playing since last November, wbu?

Mattiman338 wrote:
Hey buddy, I have the exact same version laptop as yours, except that I have 2x your RAM.

Now, I don't have a solution to your issue, but, I may know when it started.

I used to have great FPS under all circumstances in CSGO, until an update, which I think was the Chroma collection, I'm not too sure, but I'm confident that is the issue, cause FPS in csgo sucks now, yet I can play Battlefield 4 on High settings with a stable 135 FPS.

I'm not too sure how Valve managed to **** this up, but.

They did.

P.S. Let me know if you find a solution to our issue.

P.P.S. I'm Legendary Eagle and I have been playing since last November, wbu?

Hi, thanks for answering!

I have been playing CS:GO since November last year aswell. I ranked Global two weeks ago, but have unfortunately ranked down to Supreme again (even though it doesn't really matter that much).
I have tried finding a solution to this problem for a long time and I have no idea how to fix it. I have even played with strangely low resolutions and settings which makes the FPS drops not as noticeable, but they are still occuring.
As far as I can remember I had a good, stable FPS in the beginning of CS:GO. I have been wondering if there's some problem in the computer itself that is causing this issue.
I know that more people got this problem but haven't found a fix for it.
I will definitely let you know if I manage to figure out a solution. If you know anything, let me know too! 🙂

I