cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V Formula Z Windows 10 Support - Intel 82583V Driver Code 31

Deneteus
Level 7
I have been trying to get Windows 10 installed for the past couple days it failed saying that it could not make it through a second reboot. It turns out that the network adapter was the culprit because there are no drivers for the Intel 82583V network adapter. The only way I was able to figure it out was to install without keeping any of my applications.

So I figured I would be able to go get newer drivers from ASUS, but when I got there I didn't find any. I tried searching the site for WIndows 10 compatibility and their FAQ says it is but it can't be if there are no Bios update or hardware drivers for this board.

I did a search on the forum and 2 threads mention drivers but Intel doesn't even have it on their site. So what is the deal with ASUS ditching the support for this board? Do they think no one would notice? Does there have to be a lawsuit involved? I am sure a class action would make up for the time that some of us wasted. What's the point of even buying their new stuff if all they are going to do is run from the support.
10 REPLIES 10

Dr__Zchivago
Level 12
Are you trying to install from a bootable Windows 10 disk or imaged USB? An upgrade from Windows 7/8/8.1?

I have done a total of 3 separate upgrades from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 on this board, with no trouble at all - I want to understand your process.

Z

Dr. Zchivago wrote:
Are you trying to install from a bootable Windows 10 disk or imaged USB? An upgrade from Windows 7/8/8.1?

I have done a total of 3 separate upgrades from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 on this board, with no trouble at all - I want to understand your process.

Z

I have installed Windows 10 on about 16 machines at this point. From Windows 7 upgrades to clean installs.

Windows 8.1 x64 with all of the updates was the base. In July I accepted the invite and Windows 10 never installed on its own. I then tried using the Windows Media Creator download from their site 2x before I decided to go to USB drive install.

When it failed I went through the Microsoft posts on the exact error that I was getting and they only said uninstall antivirus which I don't use or uninstall start-up applications so I did all that. Still didn't work OOBE error failure on second reboot. Which means it installed Windows 10 and then removed it before I got that error at least 4 times.

When it failed to install keeping the apps I decided to install Windows 10 and install all my apps fresh to see what would happen. I am going to see if the Windows 8.1 drivers will work to get it back online.

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Deneteus

When I upgraded my W10 from W7, I used the same Intel driver from W7 and it worked fine. I got it from: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/41676/Intel-82583V-Gigabit-Ethernet-Controller.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
Hi Deneteus

When I upgraded my W10 from W7, I used the same Intel driver from W7 and it worked fine. I got it from: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/41676/Intel-82583V-Gigabit-Ethernet-Controller.

Thanks. I figured I would check with the group before I installed older drivers.

MeanMachine wrote:
Hi Deneteus

Asus sent me the old drivers for Win7/Win8 and they didn't load either. It said the device is not listed in the driver file.

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

An object ID was not found in the file.

Deneteus
Level 7
Hi Deneteus,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.

I really apologize for all the inconvenience caused to you.

I have verified and found that currently there is no updated network adapter driver is available for this windows 10 on your motherboard. I will update this information to my development team, they will update the latest driver as soon as possible.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Thank you for choosing ASUS.

Regards,
Raja R

Customer Service Center.
ASUSTek Computer Inc.

Component Product Support: 1-812-282-2787
Mon - Fri 5:30AM – 11:00PM PST; Sat – Sun 6:00AM – 3:00PM PST
RETAIL Product Support ONLY: 1-877-339-2787 Available:24/7
System Product Support: 1-888-678-3688 Available:24/7
ASUS Live Chat Support
http://www.asus.com :: http://service.asus.com/

DISCLAIMER - All statements, written, illustrated - graphics DISCLAIMER - All statements, written, illustrated -graphics or any type of content/information present within these emails (s) are considered "off the record"/ confidential and not for publication. All information contained is direct privileged communication between the sender and recipient.
This content cannot be posted, used, copied or replicated in any way without direct consent from the sender.

If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy, or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original message.

Athus
Level 7

i upgraded from win 8.1 to 10 and never touched network drivers. Using windows drivers works flawlessly.

i attached the image in case you want to install the specific driver version.

Now with this MB I have had issues of the LAN driver not installing itself, when I did my upgrade for win 10, I just used the base driver on the install disk. This installer will have issue seeing the Intel Ethernet adapter sometimes for whatever reason, to work around this go to your device management, go to properties on the Ethernet port(it will see it, just not auto install any drivers on occasion) and select the option for using a local driver and direct it to the disk, folder, drive, ect that you have the driver on. That's also how I updated to the latest 64x drive on the Intel site for the adapter because if you try to run it through the installer itself it will occasionally have issues not being able to detect the adapter.

Dose the same thing with the audio drivers on occasion as well. Something about the peripherals detection on this board is off at times, don't know the cause just know that you can manually install most driver VIA device manger in most cases if it cant detect it or thinks its invalid when its not.

Newest driver (its windows 7 Use at own risk in 10)
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25242/Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-7-

These all sound like bios settings (example) don't load lan drivers or similar
PC [BRICKED]
B]Motherboard ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z Processor AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 1200.5 MHz (DDR3-2400Graphics Card XFX Radeon R9 380 [BRICKED]

Laptop
ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7 4720HQChipsetIntel® HM87 Express Chipset Operating SystemWindows 10 HomeDisplay17.3" 16:9 IPS FHD (1920x1080) anti-glareGraphicsNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 965M with 2GB GDDR5Optical DriveSuper-Multi DVDStorage1TB HDD 7200 RPM(Dual HDD Support)