cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA - How to Prepare upgraded G750 JS for Return?

liquidkey
Level 7
Hi,

I have G750 JS T4068H gaming laptop. I have upgraded this laptio with a SSD Drive and Additional RAM.
Couple of days back it died. It wouldnt boot, no POST, no activity at all. So I raised a RMA.
But now I'm confused as to how should I send it back. Should I send it as it is or raplce the SSD with the original HHD that came with it and remove the additional RAM?

Please help.

thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

liquidkey
Level 7
Hi,

I got in touch with Support team and they confirmed that I need to send the laptop back with original components. If the laptop is sent with other components (e.g. additiona RAM or other drives which were not part of original spec) then they would be destroyed.

liquidkey wrote:
Hi,

I have G750 JS T4068H gaming laptop. I have upgraded this laptio with a SSD Drive and Additional RAM.
Couple of days back it died. It wouldnt boot, no POST, no activity at all. So I raised a RMA.
But now I'm confused as to how should I send it back. Should I send it as it is or raplce the SSD with the original HHD that came with it and remove the additional RAM?

Please help.

thanks.

toronto699
Level 13
if u send any part that is not original u will not get it back and u will be charged for the replacement parts to make it original , I leaned the hard way .. lol

GottiBoi55
Level 10
liquidkey wrote:
Hi,

Please help.

thanks.

Hi liquidkey, and welcome to the ROG forum.

You should replace all OEM products before sending your notebook for RMA service.
BTW, did you try to boot after removing the added RAM?
Most times RAM failure will cause issues that you explained in your posting here.
I would try starting your notebook without the added RAM first before sending in for service.

Good luck, and good gaming my friend!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"