cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Formula

jrrog1975
Level 7
Looking to do a new build. Will a VIII Formula be released? If not, I may just go with the VIII Hero. What are the usual advantages of the Formula over the Hero?
38 REPLIES 38

konfliqt
Level 7
2nded. Someone please c/d if its worth waiting - I know asus are always super slow to release this model

YES PLEASE!...Well I actually asked J.J. during the live stream the other day if/when there would be a ROG Maximus VIII Formula mobo. I was super pumped to have him actually confirm that it is in the works but laughed and said he could tell me/us nothing!! 😞 I recently snagged the new extreme and impact after waiting until just now to jump on skylake....now im a pretty picky hardware guy and it was impossibly hard enough to wait this long already for the M8E and the impact!!! THE FORMULA IS MY JAM!!! I was both super happy and sad to hear that it will eventually exist, the relief I finally got to feel the day i woke up to find the release and instock of extreme and impact are now flushed down the crapper only to be replaced with that same feeling of "Awwwwwww :-(" and anxiety LoL ....So on behalf of all the ROG junkies could we please get at least something drooool over perhaps? 😄 😉 😉 😉 😄

konfliqt
Level 7
Thanks Murcy ❤️ hope its not too long and they use the extra time to increase its awesomeness

Pakman
Level 7
So far no news on it, I have Z170 Deluxe at the moment and it's plagued with bugs and ****ty BIOS. Really looking for a change and been waiting for Maximus VIII Formula, might as well go with Hero or Extreme now if it's not coming anytime soon 😕

Yeah c'mon asus, get your finger out before you loose customers to other companies - at least officially announce it or tell us its not coming.

I am saving to build a computer and I have decided that I want the Maximus VIII Formula when it actually comes out. Does anyone have an idea of how long it was before the VII Formula came out after the Hero was released??

konfliqt
Level 7
iirc in 2013 the VI Series started around June with the Formula out in August. For 2014 the VII Hero etc was released at the start of May with formula released 18th July. So this year it was a 5th Aug launch for the Maximus VIII Z170 Series (Hero/Ranger/Gene) and 21st September launch for the VIII extreme. WTB formula.

Vlada011
Level 10
I wait R5E Black six months, I shouldn't done that and I will never do that again. Last 2-3 months I had CPU and Memory and I still waited motherboard. And I would still wait but I cut and decide to go with R5E, not to build platform before new show up.
And any ASUS ROG Z170 motherboard become "Formula" with EKWB Monoblock... Impact, Ranger, Gene, Hero, Extreme.
I say "Formula" because probably guy who want Formula want VRM cooling.
With EKWB Monoblock he get CPU/VRM cooling with only 2 compression fittings, for Formula need 4.
If someone buy Hero + Monoblock price will be similar as Formula + CPU waterblock.
Only Monoblock is much nicer and advanced solution compare to CPU+VRM block. Sometimes need 6 fittings if someone want to cooldown complete motherboard and CPU. Logic Less fittings better pressure and temp and less chance for leak and nicer look.