cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS VIII HERO Slow to POST

davidst99
Level 7
Hi, I just bought the MAXIMUS VIII HERO motherboard. It takes an unusual long time to POST and start Windows. I have it on Fast Boot. It set the delay to 1 second. Is there something I need to do to make the motherboard boot faster? Thanks!

David
29 REPLIES 29

I-Siamak-I
Level 7
Go to memory timing option and scroll all the way in the bottom and enable MRC Fastboot.

I-Siamak-I wrote:
Go to memory timing option and scroll all the way in the bottom and enable MRC Fastboot.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try that when I get home tonight.

David

i had the same "problem". i enabled mrc fast boot and now my pc posts as fast as my old Hero VI did so thanks for that. is it really save to use MRC fast boot all the time??

ChrizDoe wrote:
i had the same "problem". i enabled mrc fast boot and now my pc posts as fast as my old Hero VI did so thanks for that. is it really save to use MRC fast boot all the time??

It's safe, some boards like MSI Z170 has the MRC Fastboot on by default and some don't, I literally pooled my hair out for days and thought my Maximus VIII Hero is just defective or Asus made the Bios initializing slow by design. then I became really happy after figuring out that option one day when I was playing with different settings.

I-Siamak-I wrote:

Thanks!

I wanted to share my experience. Had similar long boot issues, otherwise a stable system. It wasn't until a random day when I got a blue screen. Ran Memtest86+, yes it's the plus version and older and doesn't officially support DDR4 but stick with me.

On the 4th pass, Memtest86+ showed errors on the Test 7 @ 0.8 MB. I then ran Memtest86 (Free / Latest Version as of today), which passed just fine oddly. I wasn't satisfied with the failure with the + version and opted to exchange my RAM. I went with the same exact sticks, just a new set. Re-ran memtest86 (both versions) and got 0 errors overnight, around 12+ hours of running.

After swapping RAM, my boot times are now lightning fast. I suggest trying Memtest86+ overnight to see if it's RAM issues.

Anyhow, that's my experience. I hope it helps someone.

- localhostage

Raja
Level 13
davidst99 wrote:
Hi, I just bought the MAXIMUS VIII HERO motherboard. It takes an unusual long time to POST and start Windows. I have it on Fast Boot. It set the delay to 1 second. Is there something I need to do to make the motherboard boot faster? Thanks!

David

You can also use S3 resume (suspend to memory). Quickest way back to the desktop for people that don't like waiting for the duration of POST~BOOT time..

Any idea why my POST time all of the sudden went from a few seconds to about 4 minutes?

Raja@ASUS wrote:
You can also use S3 resume (suspend to memory). Quickest way back to the desktop for people that don't like waiting for the duration of POST~BOOT time..

Where is that located in the BIOS? I wish my PC was faster than my previous build. My new one takes about 15-20 seconds whereas my older one takes, literally 6-8 seconds. Not sure why since it was running on a Samsung 850 Evo and an i5-4690k.
Jonathan Jung