cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR8-R047R: graphics processors fighting each other? LOW FPS!!

Phouglas
Level 7
I have an ASUS GR8-RO47R console gaming PC. It claims to have both an Intel graphics processor and an nvidia Geforce 750 ti inside it.

Now, a lot of the time things are fine. Games are running at 60 fps maxed out but then there seems to be times when I run a game and its down in the 20s and I have no explanation other than its using the Intel processor instead. Ive rebooted when this happens and its okay. Game configs always only list the Intel processor but it seems to still work. I have tried going to the Nvidia control panel and making sure all .exe for various games are using the "high performance nvidia processor".

But I still have issues. Including ones where a game launches and the screen won't come up properly. It just seems like things are playing nice between the gpus and its frustrating as hell.

I have updated both the Intel and nvidia to the latest drivers.

Anyone else have experience with these console gaming pcs with multiple GPUs? Any advice appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

Phouglas
Level 7
So does anyone provide tech support here?

If multiple GPU use is a problem, you need to disable the GPU use you don't like.

You might try disconnecting the Intel video out cable from any monitor it may be connected to, and disabling the Intel video either via a windows display setting or in the bios. Then check that every game only sees the Nvidia graphics as an option.

You might be jumping to the Intel video as a power saver option.