cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5.1 DTS connect and windows 10 issues? help??

james_larsen
Level 7
*move if this in wrong place 🙂

basically i use a Sony home theatre system in my computer room for sound. under windows 8/8.1 the optical way of hooking it up worked a treat. since upgrading to win10 5.1 DTS will refuse to play sounds from games and apps. but it will play the windows sound test tone in 5.1. searching the net there are no fixes and seems to be a realtek and windows issue. very disappointed.

i have done all the checks and driver roll backs. really frustrating as the only way my games will play through the sound system is in 2.0 channels only. but when i select 5.1 the games, browsers and apps play through my hdmi to the tv. (yes i have hit the default device button for optical out lol) also my usb 7.1 head set works fine. reading other posts else where this is a issue just on the optic out side when DTS connect is selected.

what can i do from here? please lol

z87 hero mobo.
4 REPLIES 4

toronto699
Level 13
I have a similar problem , I had to enable speaker fill in the real teck software kinda works

sk2play
Level 13
I've experienced this issue with my SBz using Optical out to a Denon AVR-4311ci setup for 5.1.
Depending on the driver being used, I switched the default Sound in the WINDOWS Control Panel to SPEAKER (under playback tab) rather than SPDIF-Out.
I have the *Sound Blaster Control Panel Utility* set to 5.1 under Speaker/Headphone Configuration. (I believe my Hero VI z87 SB Software is the same as the one used on my SBz)
This solved my problem. The problem occurred after a SB driver update.

Note, if you right click over Windows Sound Control Panel SPEAKERS or SPDIF-Out, you will have a menu option to configure the speakers. Select it to choose Stereo or 5.1 depending on your speaker setup.

If the above does not work, I would re-install the Sound Driver and/or SB Utility App to see if it resolves the issue.

Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit

sk2play
Level 13
BTW, I upgraded from W8.1 to W10 today and sure enough, I once again had to reverse the Windows Sound to SPDIF-Out as the default. The SPDIF-Out can not have the speakers configured via Windows Sound Scheme.

5.1 only worked after configuring the *Sound Blaster Control Panel Utility* which had to be reset under the Cinematic tab to DTS to get 5.1 to work. Dolby Digital Live should work just as good. The Speaker/Headphone tab stayed at 5.1.

All working good in 5.1 now after setting adjustment.

EDIT: I just updated the original Win10 driver from MS install to the latest off Creative Website and after I updated the driver and app, I need to go back to SBz Speaker as the default in the Windows Sound scheme rather than SPDIF-Out. LOLz. It is working though.
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit