cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG GTX 980 Ti MATRIX Overview

Hardliner
Level 11
¡¡¡ I__ju$₮__₩₳₦₮__₮☮__₱£₳¥__₮h€__₲₳₥€__₩i₮h☮u₮__i₮__hi₵₵u₱i₦₲,__₱l€₳$€ !!!
15 REPLIES 15

Vlada011
Level 10
Ahhha... If I stay with GeForce NVIDIA could say THANK YOU ASUS. But very hard... Fury X is closer and closer.
Simple because best ASUS models are GeForce except some not affordable dual solutions as ARES.
If some customer want to replace GeForce with Radeon but decide because nice model and not so much overpriced models as EVGA to stay with GeForce than such brand deserve to get in future best NVIDIA chips selected by NVIDIA.

Vlada011
Level 10
Some older clips about ASUS GTX980Ti Matrix... Maybe someone hear how much will cost this card, rumors at least...

I still don't know how to post video clip here to present windows as on first post.

Vlada011
Level 10
Look really nice on top.
It would great if original backplate stay compatible with some waterblock.

DeXZoR
Level 10
Do we have any info on when thay com out to stors ?

This card could have made cry for hours and crave behind its beauty both on performance level and design.... only if.... it didn't have the orange color or would have been released in the normal regular ROG traditional red color!
Look at everything in the video, even JJ's shirt has the red! That orange dot... Not saying its not nice, but some of us got other colors in their RIG. and yes aesthetics is important!
ASUS please release a custom cover with other fans for those who wants another color! its just the cover could be done.
and the LED's color please allow us to pick what we like not cycling, i'm sure it can be done on the firmware lvl.
Besides all that, this is a MONSTER Card.
Peace out!

Vlada011
Level 10
If you plan to use this card with so high clock on air better immediately remove side panel and put headphones on head.
She need waterblock if you want nice temperatures and low noise only from 1500RPM 2x120mm fans.
All of them are same with waterblock and only important things are hardware and VRM and high clock.
You could keep 2 weeks only on air to test stability and satisifed self little and than under waterblock.
I never planed to use watercooling until I saw last 2-3 years that you can't use card with power consumption of 250W and 20-25% overclocked by fabric and in same time to enjoy in silence and nice temps. If reference card reach 80C than 20% overclocked cards are at least 15C hotter under same condition. And dual cooler is only efficient more than reference if card is not in closed air, on bench table example with constantly fresh air from all sides. Fans can't help there because fans from card spin faster and blow very hot air.

All ASUS ROG hardware fir together, even Strix series of sound card fit with ROG graphics and motherboard nicely.
It's similar style only different design little and color. But if someone have special taste than better to use black or acrylic EKWB waterblocks and everything will be similar style.

Vlada011 wrote:
If you plan to use this card with so high clock on air better immediately remove side panel and put headphones on head.
She need waterblock if you want nice temperatures and low noise only from 1500RPM 2x120mm fans.
All of them are same with waterblock and only important things are hardware and VRM and high clock.
You could keep 2 weeks only on air to test stability and satisifed self little and than under waterblock.
I never planed to use watercooling until I saw last 2-3 years that you can't use card with power consumption of 250W and 20-25% overclocked by fabric and in same time to enjoy in silence and nice temps. If reference card reach 80C than 20% overclocked cards are at least 15C hotter under same condition. And dual cooler is only efficient more than reference if card is not in closed air, on bench table example with constantly fresh air from all sides. Fans can't help there because fans from card spin faster and blow very hot air.

All ASUS ROG hardware fir together, even Strix series of sound card fit with ROG graphics and motherboard nicely.
It's similar style only different design little and color. But if someone have special taste than better to use black or acrylic EKWB waterblocks and everything will be similar style.

Well, my concerns were right. the card's thickness is 2.5 compared to other cards 2.0, so if you have an m8e u plug the matrix 980ti in the first PCIe16x_1 you will not be able to use the second PCIe16x_2. If You want to put 2 cards then u have to use PCIe16x_1 and PCIe16x_3, however when u plug the second card the PCIe16x_4 will be covered and you will not be able to use it. Bye bye Sound Card.
In addition, you will need a 3Way Sli bridge, if you own the ROG 3Way Sli bridge it will not work because the Matrix 980ti is so thick that its cover will hit the pins on the Sli Bridge you will have to buy another model that fits or just mod ur card by cutting the area that hits the pins.
Really I wonder how and why then ended up with that design.
Check OC3D link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or2ei5ceCMI