cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off 751JY reverse scrolling in Windows 10? [solved]

greek_m43
Level 7
Hey there. I just updated all the drivers (at least I think so) and the BIOS to Win10. I noticed that trackpad scrolling is reversed now. I looked up how to reverse it but there isn't an option under Mouse & Touchpad settings. I hate this! Help!
7 REPLIES 7

toronto699
Level 13
what laptop u have, what laptop driver page for W10 did u install from

KrisVr
Level 7
It's ASUS Smart Gesture! There should be icon on the notification area, double click it and under Two Fingers>Scroll there should be option for that!

cpasoft
Level 7
I would like to ask you what is better, the Asus Smart Gesture or the Elan TouchPad driver (there is a new version on the support page).
I'm using right now the Asus Smart Gesture without problems... Maybe this afternoon I'll try the new Elan Touchpad Driver for test it...

cpasoft
Level 7
Well, I've tested right now (I'm using a 751JY), and,for me, it's better the Asus Smart Gesture VER409 than the TouchPad Elan VER115203.
The first one has more features, like remote control via phone, but also because the four finger gestures are working better (the Elan ones doesn't detect me well the four fingers).

So, I prefer the Asus Smart Gesture VER409.

Edit:
Also, in the Smart Gesture VER409, we can change the direction of the scrolling, that I guess is what greek want to do..

greek_m43
Level 7
I don't know who decided to throw solved up on the title or said it was JY instead of JT (I said JT in my reply that mysteriously vanished). Anyway... My solution was to download a new version of Asus Smart Gesture on a separate page from my 751JT driver, it was a Win8 driver as well. So now this problem is SOLVED.

Hello guys,
You might think that the solution you found is the definitive one, but it isn't. This instead is: after a long afternoon of looking everywhere in the internet, I discovered that the better driver for my Rog G751JY (it probably works with the JT as well) for Windows 10 is the driver you can find on the asus website for the X751YI
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/X751YI/HelpDesk_Download/
Download it from the link and unzip it. Go to Control Panel>device management and uninstall the old asus smart gesture, reboot, install the new driver, reboot, then go into the hidden icons on the bottom right side of your desktop and open the asus smart gesture settings panel. You will see that under the Scroll option there is an invert-direction feature. And, you can also use the Cortana activation feature with 3 fingers and the other 4-finger-things. Game ON.

roninkirik wrote:
Hello guys,
You might think that the solution you found is the definitive one, but it isn't. This instead is: after a long afternoon of looking everywhere in the internet, I discovered that the better driver for my Rog G751JY (it probably works with the JT as well) for Windows 10 is the driver you can find on the asus website for the X751YI
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/X751YI/HelpDesk_Download/
Download it from the link and unzip it. Go to Control Panel>device management and uninstall the old asus smart gesture, reboot, install the new driver, reboot, then go into the hidden icons on the bottom right side of your desktop and open the asus smart gesture settings panel. You will see that under the Scroll option there is an invert-direction feature. And, you can also use the Cortana activation feature with 3 fingers and the other 4-finger-things. Game ON.

This is the shet. It work and I did not uninstall anything, as I did not see a "Smart Gesture" in device manager to uninstall. I just unzipped the file, and installed. Worked like a charm. I'm on a ROG 751 JT. Thanks again for this tip.