cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECOMMENDED RETAILERS ON NEW ASUS G752's

vore01
Level 7
HI
I'm about to pre-order the Asus ROG G752VY-RH71 w/ GTX980M 4GB. I was wondering if there are recommendations that can be given on choosing which one.
I checked out exotic and gentech and excaliper. All have the machine for 1999..00 . The reason for an out of state purchase is saving almost $200.00 in taxes

I'm also not getting any accessories or additional drives that might cause the machine to be opened by anyone. Heard some horror stories about that.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

Oh...by the way I wanted the dark metallic color for the laptop but only the silver one is available in the US.. That ain't right...lol
34 REPLIES 34

toronto699
Level 13
The Warranty is the same no matter who u buy from, I year unless u get an extended warranty, and if u can save $ go for it, buy what u can afford.
I bought my G751 from HIDevolution.

thanks for responding so quickly
is the extended warranty something I should consider?

I feel pretty stupid about ROG G752
6th gen has very low performance improvement(~5-6%) but a major igpu improvement and energy savings.
as for igpu it is disabled permanently by not having optimus technology.
Also with a 100W gfx card running permanently I dont see how a 7-8 W savings in processor will help.
The only good thing is you have a 88 Whr battery in G752VY(beware of buying JL/JT)
Where as a G751JT has a 88 Whr Battery

As now for your Question :Same as above just don't shed extra 200 bucks in taxes
Also If you are patient wait 1-2 weeks to get some cool Black Friday Discounts.I would recommend keep checking major retailers i.e. Newegg, Xoticpc etc for a good deal

Edweird
Level 10
Only thing that really draws me to the 6th gen stuff is the new 14nm lithography. Should run a bit cooler.

Edweird wrote:
Only thing that really draws me to the 6th gen stuff is the new 14nm lithography. Should run a bit cooler.

Don't forget the glorious Nvme PCIe 3.0 SSD's where u get a speed of 1.5 GBps for R/W with a whopping 128 SSD .Pretty much I am sure that not much space will be left after the OS windows 10 & its weekly updates.
When u upgrade your SSD either you have to throw the m2 ssd/hdd out in ASUS G752 unless you are ready to shell out 3.5K 😄

So your worried about the 128 GB M.2 SSD, what would stop you from purchasing a 256 GB from Amazon or Newegg and selling the 128 GB on Ebay?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm
Level 14
Well If I do purchase a G752 it will be from a custom Vendor, and the reason for this will be to get the bigger OS Drive, dump excess RAM. What will I do with 32 or 64 GB of RAM I have never even considered a VM. And I do want a notebook that has been taken apart and GPU CPU pasted with IC Diamond rather than the pad that Asus Production uses. Also you get a stress tested machine.
The biggest problem we have seen in these forums, since the G75 has been hot running Hardware with people thinking that 80 C is normal or that throttling is acceptable. In this particular forum some were even using modified BIOS to make the fans run faster. we have also see some that Repasted themselves with success 70's C in full stress. So Yea I don't mind paying a few dollars extra to get a notebook that has a very good chance of not having issues. Not being required to have 2 RMS's in the first year of ownership. I also have my own business so I write these off every 3 years.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Well If I do purchase a G752 it will be from a custom Vendor, and the reason for this will be to get the bigger OS Drive, dump excess RAM. What will I do with 32 or 64 GB of RAM I have never even considered a VM. And I do want a notebook that has been taken apart and GPU CPU pasted with IC Diamond rather than the pad that Asus Production uses. Also you get a stress tested machine.
The biggest problem we have seen in these forums, since the G75 has been hot running Hardware with people thinking that 80 C is normal or that throttling is acceptable. In this particular forum some were even using modified BIOS to make the fans run faster. we have also see some that Repasted themselves with success 70's C in full stress. So Yea I don't mind paying a few dollars extra to get a notebook that has a very good chance of not having issues. Not being required to have 2 RMS's in the first year of ownership. I also have my own business so I write these off every 3 years.

Lets be hopeful that the full length vents on the back show some significant results after all most of buy a ROG for graphics intensive games 😛
As for the SSD, Samsung 950 is almost out I am eagerly waiting for it.Too much hassle to find a buyer for the 128gb SSD better buy from sites like XoticPC.I think Asus will also release more variants, once the prices of these type of SSDs begins to drop.

Well I think the ventilation systems have been just fine for the whole series G75, G750, G751. The issue for the most part seems to be the actual pasting of the CPU and GPU Asus elects to use pads rather than a quality paste. I understand why and this work better for mass production how ever we have all seen reports of significant temp drops when the user that know what he is doing repaste using IC Diamond.

As to new variants it seem to me that Asus puts out basic models and then the Vendors order configuration that suite these Vendors requirements that is where all the different variation's come from. Best Buy is the worst and custom Vendors are the best The big store vendors usually are trying to put out the cheapest version buy having less RAM and cheaper hard drive supplied. Where as the Custom vendors allow you to pick the hard ware you want and insure it is all working before shipping to you. Being in these forums for awhile now I never want to have to send a notebook to Asus repair and with the these G752 being so expensive for me it worth a few more dollars to get one that has been thoroughly checked out.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro