cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weird issue with GL552VW trackpad, no mouse movement with right 1/4 portion

Mongooza
Level 7
I recently bought a new gaminglaptop: the asus rog GL552VW, but there is a weird thing going on with my trackpad.
The left side of the trackpad works as it should but the right side doesn't.. actually to be precise, from the left to the right side 3/4 works as it should and the 1/4 on the right doesn't. The problem is that it wont register my mouse movement when im in de 1/4 of the trackpad on the right side. It does register everything else perfectly fine (muti gestures, right-clicking, scrolling etc.).

When i bought the laptop I immediately did a clean install, and after that I downloaded and installed the corresponding drivers from the Asusrog website.

Is this normal? or if not, does anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks in advance!
1 REPLY 1

the_black_pig
Level 7
Mongooza wrote:
I recently bought a new gaminglaptop: the asus rog GL552VW, but there is a weird thing going on with my trackpad.
The left side of the trackpad works as it should but the right side doesn't.. actually to be precise, from the left to the right side 3/4 works as it should and the 1/4 on the right doesn't...
Thanks in advance!

Mine too (GL552VW) one finger touch only works on the LH 2/3rds. Two-finger touch, however, works across the whole track pad.

Hang on. Just tried it again and now the whole track pad is working in one finger mode. It must be an intermittent issue. At least on my GL552VW -DM210T.