cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a bag to hold the G74sx

City_Builder
Level 7
Hi,

Could somebody recommend a notebook bag that will fit their G74sx please.

All the bags that I've now bought (3 of them saying they fit a 17" notebook) are too small for the G74sx to fit in them, so I've had to take each of them back.

Basically I would prefer a backpack style bag to hold my laptop, but if there isn't any made that will fit this beast then I'd go with the more conservative looking rectangular bag.

I don't need a lot of extra space, just enough to add the power adapter brick, my Logitech MX mouse and maybe some pens and a file folder or two.

I figure the best place to find one that will actually fit this laptop would be in here where people have them, as I don't want to buy online only to find out it doesn't fit.

Thanks,
18 REPLIES 18

thesilent85
Level 9
How coe you didnt recieve the official bag with the purchase??

thesilent85 wrote:
How coe you didnt recieve the official bag with the purchase??

I don't know, I'm guessing that the version that Best Buy sells must not come with a bag, there certainly wasn't one in the box.

kb0sdq
Level 10
I have both the g73 & the g74 this bag works for both it is from SwissGear they also have a few backpack style bags but have not bought them so I can not endorse them.

SwissGear Sherpa 17" Double Slimcase Computer Sleeve

http://www.walmart.com/ip/SwissGear-Sherpa-17-Double-Slimcase-Computer-Sleeve-Universal/15413069
Hope this helps,
Doug

Thanks Doug, I'll see if Walmart will take a return if it's ordered online and picked up in store in case it doesn't fit for some odd reason. The Swiss gear backpack 17" backpack is one of the ones that I tried, and the one that I wanted most but the laptop won't fit in it. The sleeve for the laptop in the swiss gear backpack is too slim, it's wide enough and it appears to be long enough, but not deep enough due to the height at the back of the laptop where the fans are. Actually, even trying to put the laptop into the swiss gear backpack and NOT in the sleeve still doesn't fit, it can't be zipped up as the bottom of the laptop is too wide for the backpack and well, just not deep enough.

Thanks for the info, unless somebody else comes along that has a backpack that fits this laptop, then the one you linked is likely the one that I'll end up getting.

JRd1st
Level 12
The Everki Advance is nice and it fits up to 18.4"
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

I went with a Targus backpack (http://www.amazon.com/Targus-Backpack-Designed-Notebooks-TXL617/dp/B0001EMM10/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid...) for my G73JH and have been very happy with it - it's put up with a lot of air travel, subways, bouncing around in the car, etc. without so much as a popped stitch. I routinely load it with 45lbs (20kg) of gear and it's easy on the back.

The_Nemesis
Level 10
This bag fits it fine and is $24.99 at best buy this week.
Praetor
» i7 990X 3101A239
» Asus Rampage III Black Edition
» Asus GTX 470 & 570 Tri-SLI or Three Sapphire 5850's CFX
» 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF
» Corsiar Force Series 180GB
» CORSAIR Professional Series AX1200 1200W
» Microcool Banchetto 101
Defiant
» G74SX » 16GB ram » Corsiar Force Series 180GB » 750GB Seagate » Blu-ray

Tatesha
Level 7
The Best Upgrade for your G73 or G74. Very Nice Laptop Backpack M.A.S.K. Custom Build Backpack

http://www.slappa.com/MASK-KOA-Backpack?sc=2&category=133

City_Builder
Level 7
Thanks but those backpacks are just too expensive to me. I'd like to keep the price to under $60.00 or so (plus tax).

I'm actually just leaning towards going out and buying some foam, cutting it a bit bitter than the sides of my laptop, and using my messenger bag that I've already got that the laptop fits fine in. I haven't used this bag simply because it's not really meant for laptops, as it has no foam padding except for on one side. So maybe just cutting some foam and sticking it in the bag between the laptop and the bags nylon walls if I can't find something that really suits me and is in my price range. I dunno, just vocalizing...

Or maybe I just need to find one of those laptop bags that the laptop squeezes into and it makes like a neoprene (or foam or whatever it is) case around the laptop, then put that in my messenger bag. Hmmm, the more I think of it, the more I like that since I am quite used to my messenger bag already.

Anybody know where to get one of those notebook covers that would fit? Not sure what the proper name is for them.