cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix Raid DLX - Microphone sounds kinda canned

OPPG-Wolfseye
Level 7
I am not sure where to put this, since there seems to be no section for the new Asus Soundcards yet, so I hope its ok here. I just got the ASUS STRIX RAID DLX yesterday, and from what I heard so far in a bit Games and Music it sounds ok. Its not the same for Music & Movies than what I had before with the Soundblaster ZxR (yes, I know, sorry, had to mention where I came from), but its not bad either. Definately beating onboard sound.

Anyways, I noticed, or lets say some people told me, that I sound a bit thin and kinda canned with the Microphone. I wonder if someone maybe also already has this Soundcard or one of this series and can tell me if he/she also has this problem. I dont really know what to do about it, if there is something that can be done at all.

Whats also weird, again considering how I know it from the Soundblaster ZxR, the control box (which the Creative also had) didnt impose as its own Sounddevice for the Headphone part of it. Switching from Speakers to Headphones on the ZxR didnt ment the device switched to another. Which is happening here. Makes it a pain in the butt to use it for Music with Apps like Winamp and similiar, which need / can to be setup to a certain audio device. As soon as you switch on the Strix Raid DLX, it deactivates the Speakers device and activates a Headphone device, which then you also have to change in your Winamp settings in order to accept that. Kinda weird.

But thats something else. Right now I am more concerned about the sound of the Microphone. Because if there is nothing that can be done about that, I might have to give this card back, because I dont want to sound like that and have to go back to onboard. Which would suck, but better than sound canned.

Anyone have similiar experience made already ?

Thanks

Wolfseye
2 REPLIES 2

x7007
Level 7
In the subject of the comparison , you say ZXR is better than the Asus ? what would make much of a difference in the sound if you can hear it's not better or even worse. I want to know because Asus Phoebus sound was better than ZXR in some way, but still sound the same, it must be because of the Surround thing or just something I couldn't find at the time.

My Microphone issue was already solved, as I already posted in the other topic on Overclock.net. As for sound, what sounds good or bad is subjective. What you like might be different for me or other people. So there is no "What sounds better", only what is your preferrence, and that that you'll only find out if you try it out yourself. Please lets not split that whole issue of you and your wish to find out how the Asus sounds, into this topic as well.

Thanks

Wolfseye