cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound is messed up/playing artefacts/lagging (G751-JY) (Updated with video!)

sasa
Level 7
Hiyas. This problem is something I haven't heard earlier. It started yesterday as far as I can recall but back then it was barely noticeable.

Anyway. Today I was playing some Guild Wars 2 while talking with my buddies on Mumble (I have the FPS counter from Mumble and it's usually on a steady 70+ on my current graphic setup, SWEET!) - Suddenly I notice a huge FPS drop, from 70 to 20-30, and the fans went up in speed. It was very awkward to play etcetera so I shut it down and tried to play some music instead, and this is what happens:

first video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVsKlLaHSTU

(my camera has troubles focusing, but it captures the sound perfectly, it is not the camera sound)

As you can hear, the sounds is weird. For reference, the song is called Norde - Every Single Night. There are other problems as well, the mouse pointer is "lagging".

Currently running VER6017432 realtek driver (I've upgraded/downgraded since yesterday to see whether it has any effect), windows 8.1 (OEM) and the latest stable nvidia driver (358.50).

Help needed!

Another longer video:
4 REPLIES 4

viper3000
Level 7
I found this solution on internet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMcajHiiqc0
This is the post from - this link- Uninstalling the McAfee trial seems to have fixed it for me.
(uninstall all antivirus aplications - and try play music) If this solution will not be good - post your notebook to service.

QC_AGENT
Level 7
It did the same for me when I was playing CoD AW. I do have McAffee. However, I found out later that I was playing in Eco Mode. I putted it back to high performance and it turns out ok.

viper3000 wrote:
I found this solution on internet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMcajHiiqc0
This is the post from - this link- Uninstalling the McAfee trial seems to have fixed it for me.
(uninstall all antivirus aplications - and try play music) If this solution will not be good - post your notebook to service.

I shut the service for Avast off, hasn't changed anything.. I am not uninstalling Avast antivirus as of right now (a computer this good shouldn't ever face a problem with an antivirus) but thanks for the tips!
QC_AGENT wrote:
It did the same for me when I was playing CoD AW. I do have McAffee. However, I found out later that I was playing in Eco Mode. I putted it back to high performance and it turns out ok.

Yes, i was in balanced mode yesterday, today i put it out on high performance and started playing baseplanet and after 2 hours it was like this:

I'm going to upgrade to windows 10 tomorrow, I'm not sure if it'll make any difference but I figured it's worth a try at least.

The mouse is also very laggy when this happens, now 30 minutes or so later everything is normal again.

viper3000
Level 7
Please check your temp after the playing game ....I think that this may cause a lot of things. bad ram, high temperature, bad driver, bad bios version.