ROG Member Array

Just got G20CB, and 2 questions:

Got the i7, witht he GTX 970 and 16GB ram, but which video port do I use for my monitor? There is a single dvi port on one side, and then a slew of dispalyPorts and hdmi ports on the other. Plus there is a lone HDMI port in a seemingly random part of the case. I actually have every kind of video cable under the sun, I'm just wondering why the seperation between the dvi and the others.

Also, I am thinking of adding an SSD to this. Seems a bit of a pain to make an SSD the primary drive, and this is not my main computer. So I am thinking of leaving the HDD as primary with the os and such, and use a 256GB SSD solely for game installs (right now TF2, NGSV and soon Fallout4. I have a g750 laptop with a SSD and love the snappiness of the OS as it is on the SSD, but am willing to forgo that if my games will still be amazing. Thoughts on having OS and most apps on HDD and games on SSD, it being much easier to do, or worth the trouble to try and get an SSD to have as my primary.

Thanks!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array a100 PC Specs
    a100 PC Specs
    MotherboardH97 Asus
    ProcessorIntel i7-4790 3.6GHZ
    Memory (part number)16GB
    Graphics Card #1Zotac GTX980Ti Reference OC`d GPU: +210MHZ - Memory: +300MHZ
    Sound CardOn board
    MonitorBenQ XL2430T Gaming LED Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung Evo Pro 850 512G SSD
    CPU CoolerRog Dual Fan
    CaseG20AJ
    Keyboard Asus
    Mouse Asus
    OS Win 8.1 Core Single Language
    Accessory #1 Logitech G27 Racing Wheel

Sup congrats for the new rig.

I personally had the same doubt whether to choose HDMI or DVI.

When I had my monitor on DVI I could have fast video response with highest quality. For instance whenever I ALT+TAB to windows while you are playing a heavy game like Far Cry 4 at Ultra, it quickly jumps into the desktop and by clicking the game tab again quickly back to the game, no display flashing or blackout. but when I used HDMI is was considerably slower and quality looked different to me.

Remember if you have a monitor with Speaker and Microphone ports and would like to use them, you need to use HDMI because its the port able to carry both Audio and Video.

I personally prefer DVI.

There are many topics about HDD upgrade on G20 I suggest you read them before you decide.
    Last edited by a100; 10-26-2015 at 09:54 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by admo View Post
    Got the i7, witht he GTX 970 and 16GB ram, but which video port do I use for my monitor? There is a single dvi port on one side, and then a slew of dispalyPorts and hdmi ports on the other. Plus there is a lone HDMI port in a seemingly random part of the case. I actually have every kind of video cable under the sun, I'm just wondering why the seperation between the dvi and the others.

Also, I am thinking of adding an SSD to this. Seems a bit of a pain to make an SSD the primary drive, and this is not my main computer. So I am thinking of leaving the HDD as primary with the os and such, and use a 256GB SSD solely for game installs (right now TF2, NGSV and soon Fallout4. I have a g750 laptop with a SSD and love the snappiness of the OS as it is on the SSD, but am willing to forgo that if my games will still be amazing. Thoughts on having OS and most apps on HDD and games on SSD, it being much easier to do, or worth the trouble to try and get an SSD to have as my primary.

Thanks!

Where did you get this Model? I can't find it anywhere. lol

New ROGer Array

XD

Quote Originally Posted by TwoZeroNine View Post
    Where did you get this Model? I can't find it anywhere. lol
    You can get this model at bestbuy.

ROG Member Array

See this pdf

See pages 13-15 here: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Des..._Win10_web.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by admo View Post

Thanks!