New ROGer Array

G74SX-A1 Old School - upgrade Win 7 Home Prem to Professional

I've got a G74SX-A1 that I purchased new in 2011. It's been a great machine for me but I've recently decided I want to upgrade the ram to 32gb which I've learned here is doable even though the original spec says 16 is the maximum. I’ve read of enough people that have done it. The one road block I’m aware of is Windows 7 Home Premium allows no more than 16gb. Have to go to Ultimate or Professional for more. I’ve ordered a Windows 7 Professional System Builder from Amazon along with the 4 8gb DDR3s. I’m partial to 7; heck I’d still be on XP if I could, so yeah, 8 or 10 is out of the question for me on this machine.

I want this OS to function just as the factory OS would with all the Asus specific drivers installed. I would think this is a common situation and I’m hoping someone can point me to where I can find all the Asus specific drivers for this model that can be installed on a fresh, generic OS.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

I think the issue is a MBR Installation is limited to 16 GB of RAM, If you G74 supports UEFI then you can with PRO use 32 GB. So you will have to buy a copy of Windows 7 PRO SP1 64 Bit and set it up to install UEFI. I'm linking you to a thread from the G75 forum but it is explain there how to modify your Install media Boot to boot into UEFI Mode. http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post224827
    If that doesn't get it for you check out the Seven Forum
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro