Restart to message:
please enter setup to recover bios setting

Flashed bios via USB

Restart, same error:
please enter setup to recover bios setting

Set bios clock, reset bios

Save/restart

Black screen.

The only way to get bios to load is by removing cmos Battery abs restarting. Various combinations of boot devices chosen.

Will not load windows.

Any ideas?

Regards,
H
4 REPLIES 4

FKnHeretic
Level 7
Well it was fun for the 6-8 months the hardware worked, but I am going to be moving on from the ROG pc. I'll place a review of my experience on YouTube.

I have gone the fully custom build route, which is around the same cost of one of these machines, but with much more customization capability.

My experience was not all bad with this PC, it handles video editing pretty well, and supports HD gaming like GTAV, Skyrim etc, but it does not meet up to standards that I find necessary. It does not run windows 10 very well, and often hiccups. I would imagine my experience would have been much better if I had gone a few tiers up, but the cost associated with the higher models seems unwarranted.

I'll swap the CMOS battery/reflash to see if I can get it running as it should again, but even if I do this machine will be going to my workbench for dust collection/part swapping.

Unplugged everything, pulled cmos battery

Boot into bios

Enable all USB

Enable all displays

Set to load first from main HD instead of windows boot mgr

Apply

Unplugged all usb, and plugged in mouse that came with the pc instead of aftermarket mouse

Goes to Windows desktop

Update bios via asus

Same screen failure result

This means the update by asus is not machine specific

Word to the wise, Asus, if you are going to go the apple style proprietary route, you can't release generic updates, they must be machine specific. Bad form.

To fix this, I've removed cmos battery, reassembled enabled all of my displays and USB as seen above

Then you can get to Windows to add your GPu drivers.

Cheers,

-H

FKnHeretic wrote:

Boot into bios

Enable all USB

Enable all displays

Apply

Unplugged all usb, and plugged in mouse that came with the pc instead of aftermarket mouse

Goes to Windows desktop

Update bios via asus

Word to the wise, Asus, if you are going to go the apple style proprietary route, you can't release generic updates, they must be machine specific. Bad form.

To fix this, I've removed cmos battery, reassembled enabled all of my displays and USB as seen above

Cheers,

-H

How do I get to the CMOS battery. I look but can't find anything that look like a battery. I have similar problem. My G20 doesn't recognized the Graphic card.

FKnHeretic wrote:

Boot into bios

Enable all USB

Enable all displays

Apply

Goes to Windows desktop

Update bios via asus

Cheers,

-H

Just locate the Battery under DVD. Do I boot withou battery?

Also, do I boot without the battery?