cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG278Q Horizontal Lines

LittleBuddy
Level 7
Hello, I am having an issue with my PG278Q that started about 2-3 weeks ago. Occasionally I have been getting horizontal lines across the screen and need to power cycle the monitor, I tried at 144hz, 120hz, 100hz and 60hz and the issue seems to happen at all refreshrates. Is there any fix to this, it happens maybe once every day or two and is rather annoying especially while in the middle of a game. I never had an issue with the monitor before this.

Any help would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6

Volt
Level 9
I don't know what that is. So something happened in the last few weeks to cause it to behave differently? Here are a couple of quick things to try;

Check if your computer been on the entire time for the last few weeks? If so, restart it.
Check that you have the recent drivers. Conversely, sometimes new drivers will be buggy with different sets of hardware (video card, MB, etc.)
Check for loose cables. If you've been moving the monitor around, or the cat got back there, then it might have jiggled the cable a bit.
Check that your video card is seated correctly. If you've moved your computer around, then it might affect how it's sitting in the PCI slot.

Oh - try getting an ingame screenshot of the line. If it shows up in the screenshot file, then it's something to do with the video card. If it doesn't show up in the screenshot, then it's your monitor. I had some weird, garbled graphics happening when playing several hour session of MGS5:TPP. I took some screenshots, and it showed it was the video card and not the monitor. I restarted the game and the issue went away.

Not to scare you, but my PG278Q started doing that too a few days ago. I tried different refreshrates, checked the cables, the drivers, etc. ,
nothing worked.
Today it died 😞
Just contacted ASUS support for RMA. I bought it 11 months ago. Seems to be a lot of problems with the PG278Q monitors
from around that time-period.

toco8400 wrote:
Not to scare you, but my PG278Q started doing that too a few days ago. I tried different refreshrates, checked the cables, the drivers, etc. ,
nothing worked.
Today it died 😞
Just contacted ASUS support for RMA. I bought it 11 months ago. Seems to be a lot of problems with the PG278Q monitors
from around that time-period.

Yea mine is from the first batch shipped to USA as far as I know, I got it a few days before release date at my local Frys. Well atleast I know it will probably die soon so I'm not surprised when it happens. It's too bad this happened to you and potentially may happen to me shortly.

If anyone is curious what the lines look like, it happened again to me and this time it won't go away after power cycling. I took the picture over the start menu because it was harder for a camera to pick up on a brighter background but is still very visible when looking at it.

White lines are now going across the screen flickering at 85-144hz, they don't appear at 60hz. Sorry about the poor video quality and orientation, I just wanted to make a quick video.

Edit: Added a video of another issue that came up.

Volt wrote:
I don't know what that is. So something happened in the last few weeks to cause it to behave differently? Here are a couple of quick things to try;

Check if your computer been on the entire time for the last few weeks? If so, restart it.
Check that you have the recent drivers. Conversely, sometimes new drivers will be buggy with different sets of hardware (video card, MB, etc.)
Check for loose cables. If you've been moving the monitor around, or the cat got back there, then it might have jiggled the cable a bit.
Check that your video card is seated correctly. If you've moved your computer around, then it might affect how it's sitting in the PCI slot.

Oh - try getting an ingame screenshot of the line. If it shows up in the screenshot file, then it's something to do with the video card. If it doesn't show up in the screenshot, then it's your monitor. I had some weird, garbled graphics happening when playing several hour session of MGS5:TPP. I took some screenshots, and it showed it was the video card and not the monitor. I restarted the game and the issue went away.

It's a monitor issue not video card issue I tested it on my laptop as well when it happens. So it wouldn't show up in a screenshot. I also turn off my PC for like 20hrs a day.

DJDUPONT
Level 8
Mine started doing the same thing last week, its a little over a year old... It was an early build hopefully the sorted these issue out on newer ones.