cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G751jy Can't turn off monitor after windows 10 update

brombe
Level 7
Hello guys, I have the problem I wrote in the title.
When I press fn+f7 the monitor goes off for a couple of seconds and then goes on again. This is happening since the windows 10 update. No change in software, so they are all the same I had in windows 8.1.
I did all the updates through windows update and all the drivers are up to date. I also checked all the power management options and they are set right.
Unfortunately this is a major problem for me because I use my pc for work and when I render at night times my screen is always on.

The only two times I get it to work is in the lock screen (the one where you put the password for the login) and rebooting windows in safe mode. There it works again, so I think it may be some background process that decide to turn back on the screen.
Another thing that maybe could help, screensaver not works anymore neither, I set it to activate after 1 minute but nothing happens.

Can you please help me? this is driving me mad!
Thank you in advance!
4 REPLIES 4

Gps3dx
Level 12
(face palm) another great win10 upgrade I see ( hip hip hooray MS !)
I understand that you have not implemented nor read my "GUIDE: HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ...

My suggestion is that you don't waste your time figuring out what working/not/half working/bug working/ etc..etc...
Do your self a favor and CLEAN INSTALL WINDOWS 10 -> THEN INSTALL THE NECESSARY DRIVERS for your laptop.
I promise this behavior won't happen after clean install with THE NECESSARY DRIVERS.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

First of all: THANK YOU for helping me. It's been almost 3 weeks that I'm trying everything I found on google with no results. Maybe tomorrow or thursday I could try your guide, I really hope it will solve the problem (Mostly because I'll have to reinstall all of my softwares, and they are a lot).
I was really happy to see the upgrade to windows 10 went good until I found out this problem...maybe it was too good to be true 😉

thank you again, I will post again with the result!
🙂

Update: before formatting I tried to update the ATK drivers of the keyboard (today there where a new version). Apparently it's caused by them, as soon I uninstalled them the fn+f7 combination started to work. howewer, the top left buttons dont work anymore and neither the lights of the keyboard works.
Is it possible to just fix this? Working with my laptop it's not so easy to reinstall everything (I don't even have another pc now if something goes wrong).

NEW UPDATE: I formatted and reinstalled windows. Of course nothing changed because this is 99% ATK drivers' fault.
As soon as I install them (no matter what version, I even tried the 32 bit ones and the one from windows 8.1) the monitor goes off for a second then turn on again.
On device manager under keyboard I have Advanced ps/2 keyboard PC/AT (101/102 buttons) , or whatever is the english translation... is it right?

SOLUTION FOUND

Go to device manager and DISABLE HID Game Controller.
As simple as that. I don't even have a controller. :mad:
now everything works fine, the auto shutdown of the screen and even screensavers. How that are connected, I don't know :rolleyes: