cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two problems Windows 10 - ASUS G751JY

diogogmaio
Level 7
Hello everybody,

I am planning of doing a full clean install of windows 10 to fix some problems but in the meantime I have windows 10 (upgrade from w8.1) and two problems.

I tried to install intel MEI (on asus webpage - all versions and also from intel website) and a fatal error always occurs. Maybe something about vcredist i don't know. I saw one thread where the update of intel chipset inf corrects this issue. I tried the chipset from asus and from intel and again i have the FATAL error when installing. So now i am with the regular intel mei from windows 8.1. For any reason is the one that sticks and really install.

The other problem is PIXEL MASTER HDR. For any reason, the driver windows 8.1 on asus g751jy support works flawless but when i put the windows 10 driver it simply doesn't start - also crashes Skype when accessing. The driver installs but the program doesnt work. So i kept the windows 8.1 driver.

I will do in a week the full clean install that I think will solve the two problems but for the time being can anyone help on these two issues?!

Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

Edweird
Level 10
Maybe it's a longshot, but...are you by any chance running x86 32-bit Windows 10 instead of x64 64-bit?

diogogmaio
Level 7
Nope. It was the upgrade windows 8.1 direct to windows 10. No, it is not that. But good try.
In the end, I just have to clean install windows 10...

So the question is the one above BUT ALSO if you had any problem when installing the intel chipset driver and intel MEI from asus g751jy SUPPORT windows 10 x64 area...

Clintlgm
Level 14
these issues seem to be windows 10 related have you check out the Windows 10 Forum Otherwise a clean install does seem to be the answer. Have you checked out this sticky thread on installs http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way-...
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

diogogmaio
Level 7
Yep. And I plan to do it in a week. It is just a matter of preparing everything.
I was thinking about a small repair if anyone knows but it is fine...

And about PIXEL MASTER HDR? Why the windows 8.1 driver works well and the windows 10 don't? maybe the same reason?

I think I would check out Pixel Master HDR support page there my be information there? The ten forum is also a good source for 10 issues I don't think it would be a hardware issue.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

ReDFoX2200
Level 7
I don't have much to add to this topic but I would like to say if you are going to do a clean window 10 install wait for windows 10 TH2 release, it should be released early November ( most likely 2 November)