cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JZ Strange Power Problem (not working on battery)

taylajee
Level 7
Hi,
I searched the forums but I couldn't find my problem.
I have a G750JZ laptop, comes with a core i7 processor and a GTX 880M GPU. It is working flawlessly and is still in an excellent condition. However, as soon as I unplug the AC the laptop shuts down, or to be more precise, it powers off immediately.
The battery is fully charged (99% or 100%) but the laptop would not work on battery. It will not boot if I press the power button on battery, as if there is no battery at all.
Since my brother has the exact same laptop (G750JZ with the same exact specifications, we bought two units together) I tried to use his battery on my laptop, but it will not work. If I plug the AC, it will work again with nothing wrong at all.
Please, I'm lost with this problem although I have good experience in dealing computer systems.
5 REPLIES 5

taylajee
Level 7
UPDATE:
The battery now is on 93% and not charging, while the battery LED is blinking in orange!
So, is there anyone with any thought about this?

That's normal. Instead of charging to full it stays at X usually above 90% and stays there. That's the way this new smart batteries work.

TL:DR It's normal and nothing to worry about.
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

taylajee wrote:
UPDATE:
The battery now is on 93% and not charging, while the battery LED is blinking in orange!
So, is there anyone with any thought about this?

Orange indicator should not blink! Even when it's on 93% it should shine green light! Blinking orange indicator is a hardware problem! It's shows that there is a problem while charging even empty battery it should shine not blink! I had same issue on asus g750js.
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH

I'm sure it is a hardware problem. What I needed to know is what exactly the problem is? Is it a power circuit problem? Is the power circuit part of the motherboard (so I need to fix the MB)?
I wanted to see if anyone else had this happened to him and what was the problem? Or if an ASUS respondent can explain to me.

code9523
Level 9
This is more related to motherboard because I tried 2 batteries and 2 powerbrics on my and the problem didn't gone. Also I sold it with that problem so I don't know solution for it. But from most my knowledge it's related to motherboard power controller.
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH