cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with the Asus G751JT

JozsefBKA
Level 8
Hi all,

I would just like to share my experience with the Asus G751JT and all the issues I had so far. First of all, I would like to say that the packaging used by Asus is the cheapest I have ever seen and the laptop has 0 protection. It comes in a cardboard box without any sponge or any other measures of protecting your 1400€ laptop. So far, I had about 7 of them, I have changed each and everyone of them because they were never perfect, the idea is that a 1000+ euros laptop should be as close to perfection as possible. The main issues are: Screen, Keybord, Touchpad and Subwoofer.

Screen - Always a yellowish hue on the edge of the screen and in the corners, never a perfect black screen.
Keyboard- Buttons are getting stuck in a downwards position and they never return back to their normal position. Here and there you can see that the laptop has some bulges. Looks like something is pushing the keyboard upwards.
Touchpad - The buttons are not perfect at all, they vibrate a lot with the laptop, your sound cannot go anywhere above 50%
Subwoofer - The subwoofer always makes a rattle sound and again, if you have the sound above 50% you'll not have the vest experience.

So far, I never got lucky enough to get a perfect laptop. I still do not have one, I wish I would, but I'm not sure if its worth it to try again.

I have to admit that this is one of the best laptops when it comes to design and specs, there is nothing close to it on the market and it's sad that it's not perfect at all.

I wish I could buy one directly from Asus, one which can be transported with care and one which doesn't come with a box that looks like it has been through war to get to me.

I know that probably no one cares about what I'm saying here, I just wanted to say something, somewhere...

Thanks!
13 REPLIES 13

Korth
Level 14
lol, seven flawed units in a row?

I would've demanded a full refund after receiving a third lousy item, then used the money to give the competition a shot. Yea, if at first you don't succeed and all that ... but there's no sense in making special efforts to be stubbornly tenacious over a lost cause. And while Asus makes the short list every time there are plenty of other worthy products to choose from.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Well, the idea is that I have tried 5 different shops. Every one of them have provided me with a faulty machine. In between, I have tried an MSI GS70 Stealth PRO, but it was too loud, the cooling was bad. I still wish I could get a good G751 laptop, but I don't think I'm lucky enough.. I now have the full amount back, looking for different options, maybe wait for the new G752..

mdzcpa
Level 12
To be honest, the credibility of the OP was in question the moment I read "I had about 7 of them." This statement signifies several possibilities such as the OP is THE most unlucky person on the planet, or (more likely) the OP has unreasonable expectations. What the comment does not do is support an alluded notion that Asus quality sucks as it related to the G751. Nothing is perfect. But acceptable quality is something measured as it relates to the competition and the rest of the industry. I've purchased 3 of these laptops (for me, my wife, and one sold to a buddy), and all 3 were free from defect (again based on level of "perfection" offered in the market.)

To the OP, time to move onto a different brand, model, hobby. etc.

I'm not sure what your standards are sir, but when someone designs something on paper, something perfect, that design should be the same in real life, after being manufactured. I bet that if you would buy a car and when you pick it up you realize that there is a scratch on it and the button that should open the trunk is not working, you would want for those things to work and for that scratch not to be there, and you would ask for a replacement or a refund. You work for your money and your money should be able to buy perfection, your own perfection. We should not accept something which is not perfect, why would we? It's not fair to say, "Ah, it's ok, they are humans, everyone makes mistakes. It's ok, I'll keep this crappy thing". But anyway, as you said, maybe my standards are too high, maybe I'm asking for too much, but I work a lot just to gather the needed amount for such a laptop, and after so much work, I demand perfection..

JozsefBKA wrote:
I'm not sure what your standards are sir, but when someone designs something on paper, something perfect, that design should be the same in real life, after being manufactured. I bet that if you would buy a car and when you pick it up you realize that there is a scratch on it and the button that should open the trunk is not working, you would want for those things to work and for that scratch not to be there, and you would ask for a replacement or a refund. You work for your money and your money should be able to buy perfection, your own perfection. We should not accept something which is not perfect, why would we? It's not fair to say, "Ah, it's ok, they are humans, everyone makes mistakes. It's ok, I'll keep this crappy thing". But anyway, as you said, maybe my standards are too high, maybe I'm asking for too much, but I work a lot just to gather the needed amount for such a laptop, and after so much work, I demand perfection..

so why are you being stubborn and continue to by ASUS laptops? just move on to another brand. It's a draw of the luck to get a working ASUS piece of hardware, be it their flaky monitors which sound great on paper and have lots of issues like horizontal lines, light bleeding, or simply stop working all of a sudden like was the case with my recent PG278Q ROG Swift, or their desktop motherboards which take 15+ seconds just to display the splash screen from a cold boot (had the ASUS X-99 Deluxe), or their rubbish laptops which have the left USB ports not working properly since 4 generations of laptops now.

ASUS = Great on paper, a nightmare in real life.

just my 2 cents worth

That's true, i guess I'm just not lucky enough. I guess i will wait for the new model or try again next year. The idea is that this is the "perfect laptop", great cooling, great specs for a great price. That is the main reason why I'm trying over and over again.

For now i will just wait and see what happens.

oHOWEo
Level 7
I bought 1 perfect 1 a left it at that, 7 seems like hassle

viper3000
Level 7
I have had 4 notebooks from asus....but only G seroius had mistakes. I have had notebook from M-series,N-series,EEE Pc-series ...every one had 1 mistake which i solved reinstal drivers. Only G series has still problem with subwoofer,wifi,etc...
I don't understand because I think that G -series is the flagship by Asus.

clockworksatan
Level 7
Urgh, it sounds like you've had some incredibly bad luck, my friend. Not to rub it in, but I ordered my G751JT on Amazon Prime and received it the next day in perfect condition. No problems with the screen or anything.

Yes, you will get some vibration from the sub when the volume is turned up loud - that's a given and a common issue with the G751. Just plug in a good set of headphones and you're sorted.
Asus ROG G751JT-T7115H
17.3" IPS, Intel i7-4720HQ, 16Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX970m, 256Gb M.2 SSD + 1Tb SSHD