cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interval Vcore and frequency ROG

Retired
Not applicable
Hi, can you tell me the minimum interval to increase the CPU voltage (Vcore) and frequency using ROG CONNECT?
These values are linked to the EIST or independent?
5 REPLIES 5

Mason
Level 10
The minimum interval for the vCore using ROG connect is .00625v and for CPU frequency/BCLK, the increments are 1. ROG Connect is real-time hardware level overclocking tool so it's basically the same thing as setting those values in the BIOS. If you have EIST enabled then any settings you set in ROG Connect can still be affected by EIST and if EIST is disabled then the values you set in ROG Connect will not be affected by EIST.

Retired
Not applicable
Many thanks for your speed answer!!Do you Kwon if it's possible to set those small intervals on the other motherboards with the "ROG Connect"?For example Maximus III Formula....
Thanks a lot for your help!

Mason
Level 10
No problem, makizeka. The intervals all differ depending on the motherboard and to be specific, they differ according to the VRM on the motherboard. The Maximus III Formula uses vCore intervals of 0.01325v with ROG Connect.

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply Mason!I want to ask you another information....
Besides the Rampage III Extreme that allows for a range of 0.00625 to the voltage, you know any motherboard that allows you to adjust so infinitesimal interval of voltage/frequency?

makizeka wrote:
Thanks for the reply Mason!I want to ask you another information....
Besides the Rampage III Extreme that allows for a range of 0.00625 to the voltage, you know any motherboard that allows you to adjust so infinitesimal interval of voltage/frequency?

Currently there is no motherboard that provides an infinitesimal increment of voltage adjustment. this is a limitation of voltage adjustment via the bios (programing in all the increments) as well as limit to the quantity of VRM voltage offsets.