New ROGer Array

Strix 2.0 Problem - please read

Hi all !

First post here so be gentle ^^ ..

Few weeks ago i got myself the Strix 2.0 gaming headset that i like very much. Thx Asus for this great product btw. But i do have a problem with it .. . My fault, i did manage to slam my chair a few times on the splitter cable (this cable) .. and long story short my mic doesn't work anymore.

So angry about it .. I did manage to unplug the headset and stick it into my samsung mobile just for a mic test and it works... But when i stick it into the splitter cable.. the mic is dead.

So my question is simple .. where can i buy a replacement splitter cable ? Did try the shop but i could not find any. I would much appreciate any help regarding this ...

Thank you in advance and kudos !
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos strix-8.jpg  

ROG Member Array

Pretty sure any four-pole 3.5mm splitter cable from eBay or Amazon will sort you out mate, they're not a hard piece to source. Good luck!

New ROGer Array

Thank you juzz86 for the fast reply. What i need is a 3.5mm Stereo Female to 2-male Y-splitter audio cable. And yes i did manage to find some on amazon or ebay ... Even a 6ft one .. yet not gold plated nor braided ... Guess that's why i asked to where i can find an original.

PS: Is there any difference between them? I knew some of them where optimized for smartphones (as the one i got in the box with my headset, for old mobile phones.. fact is that they look the same.. gah!)
    Last edited by Arcite; 11-01-2015 at 11:02 AM. Reason: added PS

ROG Member Array

Sorry for the long wait mate, my notifications aren't working.

There are different female connectors based on what you're plugging into. An iPhone uses a different set of poles than most other things.

A regular eBay one will do you fine, as long as you don't get one for an iPhone. And I wouldn't stress about the gold plating and braid - on an extender they're just gimmicks. Good luck with the search!