cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please HELP! - G751j software questions

mitzelplick
Level 7
I just got a g571j series laptop. I have absolutely no preinstalled software. it had windows 8.1 on it and thats it.

I cant adjust the keyboard, hotkeys, and none of the ROG software is there either.

Is there somewhere to download the entire suite of software?

there doesnt seem to be a recovery partition on the drive either.

It was a floor model i guess, and the shop wiped the computer before i bought it. they dont have any recovery dvds for it either.

PLEASE HELP!
5 REPLIES 5

toronto699
Level 13
here u go hope u got a big discount then if it was a floor model
http://support.asus.com/download/ModelList.aspx?SLanguage=en&keyword=g751&type=1
G751J?

The L i believe...
980m gsyng 4 gb
32 gb ram
512 ssd

and yeah...its actually in perfect condition, not even a blemish on it. 1900 bucks out the door.
Its a beast! I love it!

Thanks for the link!!
EDIT:

I found some of those earlier, but im still not having luck with the keyboard dimming and the ROG key. I got the macro utility working, so thats a plus.

toronto699
Level 13
ATK Package is keyboard , why don't u start with bios , then chipset , and work your way down the driver page. if it were me id just install most of the drivers the latest versions if not all .the latest ones , no harm I would think. G751 great machine
IF U Are Unsure How To Update The Bios Do NOt Do it Till U Find The Proper Way For The G751 Bios Update

Ok,
One final question i hope.
What utility should i use to control the clock on the gpu? i found GPU Tweak, looks like its from asus, but its an old program, and when i use it, my screen turns to multicolored jibberish and then crashes the system. so what would you suggest? THANKS!