cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to install Asus Gaming center ?

birdy102
Level 7
hi guys:),
i reset my windows with keeping my files , but all ASUS software is deleted , including gaming center Bluetooth even short cut keys like steam-camera-turn on off keyboard light..etc , i couldn't find the software , can anyone know how can i install notebook rog g751jy software plz:( ?
6 REPLIES 6

toronto699 wrote:
here
http://support.asus.com/download/ModelList.aspx?SLanguage=en&keyword=g751&type=1

toronto699
Level 13
install all the drivers for W10 for what ever model # u have as u did not say I sent u links to all G751 drivers you can also install W8.1 drivers if non are listed for W10

My pile of crap ROG_GL553VD (pretty sure I know what the VD stands for), died one week after purchase. Yes, I know it was the bottom of the barrel "rog" gamer, but I did expect it to play games, this one never did. I started getting random shutdowns within a week, and soon it became so unstable, I lost many crucial items, like taskbar and desktop, they just vanished. Since there are ZERO support disc's in the box, I had to download a windows installer from microsoft to run their toolkit and try to fix this crap-wagon. That failed. Even though I had created many restore points in the first week as I installed games like World of Warships and downloaded steam, only ONE restore point was available, and failed every time. I was able to download other tool kits, and none were able to correct the problems.

So I did what anyone would do. I took out the ****ty platter 5400rpm drive, and replaced it with an SSD, and reinstalled windows from the fresh copy I downloaded from microsoft. Now, the laptop is running decent, although I have not installed any games yet. My laptop came with only 4GB of ram, but I expected that it would still be capable of playing some games in the "out of box" configuration, after all, it does still have the ROG nameplate. How embarrassing.

Anyway, one of the error codes that I was able to track down during the crashes, was DISORDERLY_SHUTDOWN, which means the RAM sucks. I believe that they used kingstink VR (value ram for those who don't know). I can't believe that they would put this bottom of the barrel ram inside a gamer, but lately, nothing Asus does on the cheap, surprises me anymore.

Well, I need to reinstall the software that came with the laptop, but my model support page, has ZERO downloads, don't ask me why, Asus is "looking into that". So far, they have been next to useless in the support area. I tried to locate the gamecenter files on the platter drive, and was able to install the gaming center, but it is missing all of the buttons at the bottom of the screen, like the FAN settings, keyboard settings, etc. I don't remember all the buttons available, but I know there was a lot more than zero.

Does anyone have a direct link to a download for the gaming center with all the appropriate apps attached?

Thanks, one pissed of veteran!:mad:

toronto699
Level 13
here is the GL553VD Taiwan driver page gaming center is in utilities this is an old thread the asus driver pages changed so older links may not work be sure to install the Hot Fix I believe its a Bios fix this link should have every driver ever posted by Asus for the GL553VD
http://support.asus.com.cn/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=GL553VD&p=3&s=927

Just click start, search for ASUS folder then open asus instal