cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Laptop Coming Tomorrow G751JY - Update Questions

BryanUsrey1
Level 7
Hello,

My new G751JY is arriving tomorrow, I hope, with Windows 8.1. First thing I really want to do is upgrade it to Windows 10. I'm pretty familiar with the process of upgrading, then a clean install. Hopefully it should be straightforward, especially as the computer is brand new with nothing on it to really backup or erase.

Anyway, what are the drivers that I will need to manually install following the clean install (i.e. Nvidia, bluetooth, etc)? After installing said drivers, is there anything else I will have to do, such as hard drive formatting (SSD and HDD)?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

toronto699
Level 13
u can find W10 drivers here
http://support.asus.com/download/ModelList.aspx?SLanguage=en&keyword=g751&type=1
G751?? version? when u clean install all partitions will be gone

G751JY-T7303H.

Thanks for the driver website. Since the partitions are gone, what must I do? I know how to do get the PC to boot from the SSD and how to place things in the HDD, but is there a guide to after clean install procedures?

toronto699
Level 13

Corporal
Level 9
I'd wait with the windows 10 upgrade if I were you. After I installed windows 10 (clean) I had several issues:

1) Bluetooth audio stopped working randomly (bluetooth restart needed)
2) NVidia drivers crashing, mainly when disconnecting displays
3) Windows crash on resume from sleep
4) Wifi disconnected randomly

Just something you should be warned about. I've had enough of these issues after a month and I'm using 8.1 again. If you need multiple desktops use "Dexpot".