Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by yo_danny View Post
    I'm currently using the Windows driver for ASmedia USB 3 and it's working fine. That voice moduling was driving me insane. Here's what i did.

-uninstall sonic studio.
    -go to device manager and uninstall current asmedia driver. restart
    -download and install this http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...083.1493744413
    -restart
    -use this driver's setup.exe again and select uninstall software, then windows will go ahead and install its own version of asmedia usb 3.0
    -reinstall latest sonic studio

at least this is what i did to get rid of the old drivers and the windows one works fine for now. i will update if anything changes.
    I think it's better to use the default microsoft driver for the Asus USB 3.0 asmedia chipset. I don't have any issues, but I did when I used the Asmedia drivers. so I'm 100% agree not to use as Asus does not recommend too.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by x7007 View Post
    I think it's better to use the default microsoft driver for the Asus USB 3.0 asmedia chipset. I don't have any issues, but I did when I used the Asmedia drivers. so I'm 100% agree not to use as Asus does not recommend too.
    The voice moduling is not gone completly even on the windows default driver. It's a lot more rare that's for sure. happens once every few days instead of every 2 hours while gaming. It's still very annoying and a bit disappointing for a rather expensive card at least in the country i live in.

didn't happen to me one

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Just decided to add that I had only a very small sound cutting issue in Games and not in media such as music or video. After reading some more on this thread and a few other spots I removed the Asmedia usb drivers completely and used the Microsoft usb drivers in Windows 10. That has cleared up the problem completely. So it seems that might be the way to go.

Could you guys test installing Asmedia 1.16.47.1 or 1.16.47.2 and disable the power saving usb in the Device manager ?

Asmedia ASM-1x4x/2x4x/107x Drivers Version 1.16.47.1 WHQL
    http://station-drivers.com/index.php...d=2902&lang=fr

Asmedia ASM-1x4x/2x4x/107x Drivers Version 1.16.47.2 WHQL
    http://station-drivers.com/index.php...d=2922&lang=fr

Tell me if it fixes the issue, I'm am testing now 1.16.47.1 first cause I installed it and didn't see they released new one.

It also says it's Connected to USB 3.0 which is good , because that's how it should .

EDIT : I uninstalled 1.16.47.1 and installed the 1.16.47.2 that you see in this picture.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 545454.jpg  

powersaving.jpg  

Last edited by x7007; 06-23-2017 at 08:25 PM.

I think I fixed it using this way... I'm hearing music for all this time with restarts , I didn't have a cut meanwhile. I think that was the problem, when you install the Asmedia driver the Power Management actually works and shutting down the device and then turning it back on, disabling this is the way to fix the problem. at least at seems this way for now

Did anyone check it already ?

Ex-employee Array

Thanks for sharing this information, from our end we can't verify this since we can't replicate the issue. For everyone else that has this issue, please try out the solution offered by x7007 and let us know if it worked for you.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I tried out newest Asmedia usb drivers (1.16.47.2) with the power managment feature disabled and it did seem to work for my system as well.The minor sound cuts I was getting in games was like the device was switched off or toggled between headphones and speakers briefly so it may indeed be a power management issue in the cards drivers, or Asmedia usb ones, or both. Again using the basic Microsoft Asmedia drivers also work fine for me.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by InternetOwl View Post
    I tried out newest Asmedia usb drivers (1.16.47.2) with the power managment feature disabled and it did seem to work for my system as well.The minor sound cuts I was getting in games was like the device was switched off or toggled between headphones and speakers briefly so it may indeed be a power management issue in the cards drivers, or Asmedia usb ones, or both. Again using the basic Microsoft Asmedia drivers also work fine for me.
    Thanks for testing this and providing back with the additional details.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast