Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by MindscapeGER View Post
    It's alive. It's alive... It's alive, it's moving, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, IT'S ALIVE!

Goddamn ASMEDIA Driver.

The ASMEDIA drive was the 3.0 1.16.41.3.

First I uninstalled the Strix driver. I tried to uninstall the ASMEDIA Driver via
    device manager. But there were problems.
    I found that although the current version of the driver was installed, the old installer was listed under software.
    Although the strix driver was uninstalled and the card was not active, I heard when uninstalling the ASMEDIA Installer clicks of the amplifier.
    After I rebootet the PC, I used the ASMEDIA driver provided by windows.
    Then I installed the Strixdriver.

The last three days no more problems have occurred.
    Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved for you and thanks for sharing this with everyone.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

@Bahz

The Methode MindscapeGER dindt Fix my Sound Cutting still present with Windows Driver
    2-3 cuttings less but still there
    Last edited by Lotzi; 03-06-2017 at 05:05 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved for you and thanks for sharing this with everyone.
    You really need to pass on to the driver team for the Strix sound cards that they need to make the soundcard driver installer also update ASMEDIA drivers as part of the install package. I think it's just stupid that many people are having issues because appropriate drivers aren't being provided. These sound cards are 100% reliant on appropriate ASMEDIA USB drivers being present, and if they aren't either the sound card will be completely undetected by windows, or there may be other issues due to the out of date drivers.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by mchart View Post
    You really need to pass on to the driver team for the Strix sound cards that they need to make the soundcard driver installer also update ASMEDIA drivers as part of the install package. I think it's just stupid that many people are having issues because appropriate drivers aren't being provided. These sound cards are 100% reliant on appropriate ASMEDIA USB drivers being present, and if they aren't either the sound card will be completely undetected by windows, or there may be other issues due to the out of date drivers.
    I'll check with our audio team if it's possible to auto-update the ASMEDIA USB drivers.

New ROGer Array Catek PC Specs
    Catek PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)no laptop.... PC ;)
    MotherboardAsus Strix X99 Gaming
    ProcessorIntel i7-6850K
    Memory (part number)32
    Graphics Card #1ROG STRIX GTX1080 A8G GAMING
    Sound CardAsus Strix RAID DLX
    Monitoriiyama PriLite XB2380HS
    Storage #1GoodRam IRIDIUM 240GB PRO
    Storage #2WD Black 3TB
    CPU CoolerFERA 3 HE
    Power SupplySilentiumPC 600W
    Keyboard Bloody B740A
    Mouse Roccat Tyon
    Headset Creative Aurora Live
    Mouse Pad Roccat Taito Mid-size
    Headset/Speakers Creative Aurora Live
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network Routercisco

Quote Originally Posted by Catek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Catek View Post
    almost the same with me. but from the beginning

Maindbord Asus Crosshair V Formula
    (AMD FX-8350), the latest version of the BIOS
    Asus GTX 770 Direct II
    Asus Strix Raid DLX

graphics card is currently in the second slot from the bottom (according to the instructions in this case) in the first top dedicated slot can not be because the heat sink covers the PCI Express ...

from the beginning I had a problem when i try to install, did not see a sound card, the hardware manager was a conflict usb devices, disable USB 3 in the BIOS solved the problem, everything is installed.

work, but with problems.
    microphone from time to time "going crazy" sound was oddly modulated and not understood from the microphone. a sound playback sometimes crackled - short static crackling.
    after installing new drivers usb3 (Asmedia_USB3_V116351) and turn on USB 3 in bios, the problem with the microphone stopped and dropped crackling static (not all gone), but there are pauses one second has just discussed here.

no more cutting or other problems!!!

I get new computer parts:
    Asus Strix x99 Gaming
    Asus Strix GTX 1080 Advanced 8GB
    RAM
    Processor
    Power Supply
    New Windows 10 instalation
    old parts
    Asus Strix Raid DLX Saund card
    Roccat Tyon mouse
    Bloody B740A Keybord

i tested only 2 days but form start zero problems with sound!
    Problem was "old" Windows 10 or some computer part, but not Strix Raid DLX - works fine on other computer!

sound cutts "strick back"

From the time of transferring the sound card to the new environment - completely new hardware, the same keyboard, mouse and monitor and of course the Strix Raid DLX
    (New pc tower, new power supply, board, ram, processor, graphics ....)

The newly reinstalled hardware all worked fine (about 3 months) until now, for a few days i am having the same problem with my previous hardware.

The sound is randomly interrupted.
    The microphone sometimes starts up so that it sounds like an incomprehensible robot - after restart PC is ok.

I did not install anything new last time.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Did anyone know what the Firmware fix ?
    Beta BOX Firmware 1.14 for STRIX RAID DLX
    If you update your firmware to 1.14, kindly remind that please also update your driver to the latest driver 1.1.2

I just ordered the Asus RAID DLX and should arrive in this week, I will use the newest drivers and should I update the firmware ? I heard it's for the box and I'm gonna use the box.
    My main use for it is to replace Creative ZXR card, I think I prefer the Asus Virtual Surround for it's 7.1 compared to 5.1 and some other things.

Do we still have Bass Management ? because I need it for my Logitech 5500 to change the Crossover Frequency . please say it support it.
    I will use the Box for the microphone till I get the boom microphone or whatever it's called.

No one get in the forums anymore ?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Beta firmware for the control box for the Strix cards is as I understand it mainly for an issue it had enabling the control box on systems with fast boot enabled or where the OS was on a SSD. If you have no issue then you don't need to update the firmware when you get your card. If you do just make sure to use the newest driver with it and you'll be fine. As of right now the Sonic Studio software does not have Bass Management but a lot of us are hoping this can be added in the future as it seems an odd feature to leave out. Keep in mind I said 'hoping' as we have heard of nothing like that coming down the pipe.

Hope this helps.

So which asmedia drivers to use ?

asmedia_1.16.41.3 causing issues
    Windows 10 Creators Asmedia causing issues ?

to use 1.16.35 or 1.16.38 ?

using 1.16.38 with windows 10 creators , randomly says on Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Audio >STRIX RAID DLX > This usb device can perform better usb 3.0 speed or something like that....

using 1.16.29 it's not yet been shown.
    Last edited by x7007; 05-02-2017 at 05:14 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by x7007 View Post
    So which asmedia drivers to use ?

asmedia_1.16.41.3 causing issues
    Windows 10 Creators Asmedia causing issues ?

to use 1.16.35 or 1.16.38 ?

using 1.16.38 with windows 10 creators , randomly says on Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Audio >STRIX RAID DLX > This usb device can perform better usb 3.0 speed or something like that....

using 1.16.29 it's not yet been shown.

I'm currently using the Windows driver for ASmedia USB 3 and it's working fine. That voice moduling was driving me insane. Here's what i did.

-uninstall sonic studio.
    -go to device manager and uninstall current asmedia driver. restart
    -download and install this http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...083.1493744413
    -restart
    -use this driver's setup.exe again and select uninstall software, then windows will go ahead and install its own version of asmedia usb 3.0
    -reinstall latest sonic studio

at least this is what i did to get rid of the old drivers and the windows one works fine for now. i will update if anything changes.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast