Hi everyone !

I've recently bought this card and I've encountered my first problem with it :

My configuration :

Windows 10 Pro X64 (fresh install)
Intel I7 5960X
Asus R5E with integrated soundcard disabled
Tri-sli titan X (358.59)

Problem :

when I'm start listening music or anything else with audio resources (play movie / youtube...), randomly, the sound cut for less 1 second. The software (VLC/ MPC HC / Spotify) is always playing resource (no visual pause) but audio is lost for this time (1s max).

Someone have this problem too ? Any workaround solution ?

Thank's in advance to help !
284 REPLIES 284

Doco
Level 9
By any chance did you change any settings - such as the the sample rate, I noticed if I put the sample rate up to the audio on some content skips in a similar way you described (same issues with sample rate fixed an issuse I had with a hum/buzz in my microphone)
i7-2700K @ 1.33v 4.6ghz/ Asus Maximus Extreme IV-Z
Nzxt Phantom + Nzxt Havik 140
His IceQ7950 3G/Corsair VX550
Finally Updated to Windows 7! :cool:

Doco wrote:
By any chance did you change any settings - such as the the sample rate, I noticed if I put the sample rate up to the audio on some content skips in a similar way you described (same issues with sample rate fixed an issuse I had with a hum/buzz in my microphone)

My setting on Strix Sonic Studio :

5.1 // 192kHz // 24bits --> you speak about these settings ?

Doco
Level 9
Yeh - try lowering them down to see if you still get the audio cut - try the lowest 44.1KHz/16bit first and load something up you know this happens on

I've tried with stereo / 5.1 mode // 44.1 kHz <-> 192 kHz // 16 <-> 24 bits : problem still present : when I launch app like google Chrome, music stop :mad:

first driver is not mature, hope they will update soon ....

Doco
Level 9
Sorry to hear that, was hoping it would be a simple fix for you 😕

x7007
Level 7
How in the world can they release a driver with this issue, it's like no QA at all has been rolled out or even been tried 10 minutes to see any issues.

We are all rats lab and our money is real money to use on anything. share holders hold their money we waste ours for products who never get to the finish line. I talk this much because I have already Creative ZS , Creative XFI , Asus Phoebus , Creative ZXR . the only one who didn't have issues was Creative ZS with CMSS which always worked. now they just add stuff which doesn't work or even the card have detect issues after full computer shut down.

And I thought about buying this card because I like the 3D headphones surround and I want the best of it with the best quality I can get. but even with the best hardware if they can't do software what's good it for ?

And this Nvidia with the Gsync Asus laptop thing which they block just pisses me off.

InfernoStorm
Level 10
so you're already using the newest version (1.0.9)?

yes !

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Seems like it's definitely a driver issue, but doesn't seem like anyone else has reported this problem yet. Did this problem occur for you on your previous OS?