Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 281
  1. #201
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Can you share the version of the driver?

    I used the following:
    Asmedia ASM-1x4x/2x4x/107x Drivers Version 1.16.47.2 WHQL
    http://station-drivers.com/index.php...d=2922&lang=fr

    (this is on Windows 10 x64)

  2. #202
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDoom View Post
    I used the following:
    Asmedia ASM-1x4x/2x4x/107x Drivers Version 1.16.47.2 WHQL
    http://station-drivers.com/index.php...d=2922&lang=fr

    (this is on Windows 10 x64)
    Thanks for sharing this.

    Considering that the solution is different for everyone, it's at least good to hear that the solution is working for some people with this issue.

  3. #203
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Issues

    Hi,
    I own Strix Soar without DLX and my issues look like that:
    - huge system latency issues to the point of stopping my mouse cursor with the windows default asmedia driver
    - 1.16.47.2 asmedia driver posted by Asus: sound cuts out in games as a bonus
    - 1.16.48.1 latest asmedia from station-drivers does not cut out but latency kills it
    - someone posted 1.16.29.1 in here and shortly tested this one looks the best - still a tiny mouse stutter here and there but not as huge - LatencyMon:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1504242017.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	67019

    weird fact is - when i actually do not install any Strix Soar drivers - my mouse behaves in a different manner - its 100% smooth and tracking is different
    Last edited by Raider0001; 09-01-2017 at 05:04 AM.

  4. #204
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    308

    Quote Originally Posted by Raider0001 View Post
    Hi,
    I own Strix Soar without DLX and my issues look like that:
    - huge system latency issues to the point of stopping my mouse cursor with the windows default asmedia driver
    - 1.16.47.2 asmedia driver posted by Asus: sound cuts out in games as a bonus
    - 1.16.48.1 latest asmedia from station-drivers does not cut out but latency kills it
    - someone posted 1.16.29.1 in here and shortly tested this one looks the best - still a tiny mouse stutter here and there but not as huge - LatencyMon:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1504242017.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	67019

    weird fact is - when i actually do not install any Strix Soar drivers - my mouse behaves in a different manner - its 100% smooth and tracking is different
    don't use the mouse on the asmedia 3. connect you mouse to usb or if you have one of the new orange or yellow usb 3 ports connect it there

  5. #205
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by x7007 View Post
    don't use the mouse on the asmedia 3. connect you mouse to usb or if you have one of the new orange or yellow usb 3 ports connect it there
    My mouse is connected to the direct Intel usb 3.0 port hub, and yes I do have an special usb port called fatality port (usb 2.0) and it does not change my mouse behaviour (Strix Soar/Asmedia is system wide latency problem), my motherboard does not have Asmedia controller in itself - only Strix Soar have it built in and only Strix Soar creates all of the latency issues and changes my mouse smoothness and somewhat speed also. I can feel the change of the mouse smoothness even when i shut down my PC, just a second before a complete shut-down cursor moves faster like it was free of the Strix Soar/Asmedia driver for that brief moment.
    Oh the methodology i use for testing mouse stutter: run Chrome browser, every single time its stuttering since i installed Strix Soar for the first time, but 1.16.29.1 asmedia driver is way better because stutter is shorter in time and only does that at first run of the Chrome browser.
    Last edited by Raider0001; 09-01-2017 at 05:09 PM.

  6. #206
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by Raider0001 View Post
    My mouse is connected to the direct Intel usb 3.0 port hub, and yes I do have an special usb port called fatality port (usb 2.0) and it does not change my mouse behaviour (Strix Soar/Asmedia is system wide latency problem), my motherboard does not have Asmedia controller in itself - only Strix Soar have it built in and only Strix Soar creates all of the latency issues and changes my mouse smoothness and somewhat speed also. I can feel the change of the mouse smoothness even when i shut down my PC, just a second before a complete shut-down cursor moves faster like it was free of the Strix Soar/Asmedia driver for that brief moment.
    Oh the methodology i use for testing mouse stutter: run Chrome browser, every single time its stuttering since i installed Strix Soar for the first time, but 1.16.29.1 asmedia driver is way better because stutter is shorter in time and only does that at first run of the Chrome browser.
    Can you share your full system specifications including OS? Just a sudden random thought, have you ever tried plugging in the card to one of the PCIe x16 slots instead of the PCIe X1 slots?

    The latency issues are only occurring for those who experiencing the sound cutting and use the workaround drivers. Our team has not been able to replicate this nor the sound cutting issues on the same boards and same specification systems that have been reported to have these issues.

  7. #207
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Can you share your full system specifications including OS? Just a sudden random thought, have you ever tried plugging in the card to one of the PCIe x16 slots instead of the PCIe X1 slots?

    The latency issues are only occurring for those who experiencing the sound cutting and use the workaround drivers. Our team has not been able to replicate this nor the sound cutting issues on the same boards and same specification systems that have been reported to have these issues.
    Intel Core i5-6600
    ASRock FATAL1TY Z170 GAMING K4/D3 bios 7.11
    Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB 1866Mhz CL10 DDR3
    Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 G1 Gaming
    iiyama G-MASTER GE2788HS-B2
    Seasonic SS-1000XP 80Plus Platinum 1000W
    LiteON iHAS 124
    Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
    SteelSeries Apex 100 keyboard
    Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse
    Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
    Intel 540S 240GB
    and 2hhds
    Windows 10 x64 PRO 1703

    Yes I did put it in to x16 port at first, it doesn't change anything, I also tried re-formatting the system and changing the bios to older and couple of other things.

  8. #208
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by Raider0001 View Post
    Intel Core i5-6600
    ASRock FATAL1TY Z170 GAMING K4/D3 bios 7.11
    Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB 1866Mhz CL10 DDR3
    Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 G1 Gaming
    iiyama G-MASTER GE2788HS-B2
    Seasonic SS-1000XP 80Plus Platinum 1000W
    LiteON iHAS 124
    Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
    SteelSeries Apex 100 keyboard
    Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse
    Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
    Intel 540S 240GB
    and 2hhds
    Windows 10 x64 PRO 1703

    Yes I did put it in to x16 port at first, it doesn't change anything, I also tried re-formatting the system and changing the bios to older and couple of other things.
    I report this over to our audio team to see if they can check what is causing the latency issue.

  9. #209
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    I report this over to our audio team to see if they can check what is causing the latency issue.
    Ok, add to this that asmedia 116291 driver while the best with latency and does not cut out the sound - its loosing all of the audio enhancing features of the Strix Sound card after couple of reboots/cold boots:
    -equalizer, virtual surround, bass boost, voice clarity, compressor and reverb does not work

    Strix driver reinstall required !
    Last edited by Raider0001; 09-04-2017 at 03:25 PM.

  10. #210
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    I received update that v1.1.17 has been pulled and our team is working on v1.1.18 that will address this issue. I will update with more information once this is available. Thanks.
    1.1.18 dowloaded and installed. Control box working just fine now.

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •