OS win10 pro x64

This card is EOL so dont expect a new driver acording to BAHZ

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

EOL??
    lol no!!!!!!!!

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sneeky View Post
    This card is EOL so dont expect a new driver acording to BAHZ
    That was regarding the Phoebus not the Strix cards, please don't quote me from other threads not related to the same product.

Ex-employee Array

I'm sorry that there hasn't been an update for awhile regarding this issue. As mentioned before until today we're still not able to replicate the sound cutting issues mentioned by some users in this thread. If we can't replicate the issue, we can't fix it. We installed all 3 models of the Strix cards (many of them) on many completely different system configurations similar to what some of you who have reported the issue have and some exactly the same and no sound cutting issue can be heard. I personally have tested it on the systems they assembled and made sure they were telling the truth and it's true that anything we thought might have been the issue as mentioned were completely different and unrelated. It's pretty much trying so hard to replicate an issue and you end up doing a lot of other things to try and recreate it and when you hear anything different you would think that's the issue but the fact is that it isn't.

Our engineers continue to work with our vendor to try and figure out what is causing this strange issue for some users. If you have another system to test on we recommend that you try install to the sound card on that system and see if you experience the same issue; this will help isolate if there's something wrong with your current system or if it's something wrong with the sound card.
    Last edited by Bahz; 09-02-2016 at 08:05 AM.

Ex-employee Array

For those that are still having this issue and if you're using Windows 8/8.1/10, please check if you have ASMedia USB 3 host driver installed. Our engineers are suspecting that the sound cutting issue may be caused by issues with the ASMedia USB host driver which aren't supported in our driver package for Windows 8/8.1/10. Please try uninstalling this driver and see if the problem is fixed with this driver uninstalled.

Please post your results here or let me know over PM. Thanks.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by shining01 View Post
    I'm not sure that I have solved that problem or not. (My windows 10 pro 64 bits)

In my last version of Asus z170 pro gaming ( 1105 ).
    I uninstalled ASMedia USB driver. And then it was working very well. No more sound cutting.

But today, I have upgraded the bios to version 1206. My strix raid pro stops working.
    I have to reinstall ASMedia USB driver to make it works. And the sound cutting also comes back.
    I tried this solution before and it worked. But from now on, my bios requires ASMedia USB driver. Otherwise, my machine cannot see the sound card.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by shining01 View Post
    I tried this solution before and it worked. But from now on, my bios requires ASMedia USB driver. Otherwise, my machine cannot see the sound card.
    Thanks for this information, I'll pass this info over to our audio team.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Egbert Jan View Post
    After quite a couple of days testing the cutting problem under ver. 1.16 is over.
    Unfortunately I have another problem. When I want to play In Firefox a video with Flashplayer, the player immediately after the start crashes. This happens in both the 32 and the 64 bits version of Firefox.
    I tried it in the versions 43, 44, 45 and 46 of Firefox. After I removed the audiodriver the video could be played without any problem.
    Does anyone know this problem and how to solve it? I've this problem with all drivers under Windows 10. I only used Windows 10.
    I have this problem continues even with version 47 and 48 of firefox . I have Driver 1.1.7. Will there be a solution to this problem

Ex-employee Array

I follow up on this issue again with our software team, I'll update you guys once I hear back from them.

New ROGer Array hackerlein PC Specs
    hackerlein PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Intel Z170 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX Retail
    ProcessorIntel Core i5 6600K 4x 3.50GHz So.1151 WOF
    Memory (part number)16GB (2x 8192MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM CL15-17-17-35 Dual Kit
    Graphics Card #1MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G Aktiv PCIe
    Sound CardSTRIX SOAR
    MonitorBenQ XL2430T
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerEKL Alpenföhn Brocken 2 PCGH-Edition Tower Kühler
    CaseFractal Define R5 gedämmt Midi Tower ohne Netzteil schwarz
    Power Supply500 Watt be quiet! Straight Power 10-CM Modular 80+ Gold
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G500
    Headset Sennheiser Game Zero
    Headset/Speakers Sennheiser
    OS WIndows 10 64bit

Newe Guy, same problem here.

I have a Strix Soar Soundcard. Driver 1.1.7. FW 1.0.3.

I realised that i can solve the problem when I cut the power of my power supply for a few seconds. But this solves it only for a few days. After a week the sound cutting comes back.

Do I have a broken soundcard or can anyone verify this solution?

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast