Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 276
  1. #141
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    I've had to add my post here as I'm completely out of ideas and currently have a card / device that simply is not fit for purpose.

    My story is much the same as everyone elses; I use the external device to drive my headset. When the problem occurs, audio cuts out for a brief moment, returns but then starts with crackles. After a varied amount of time - anywhere from 5 seconds to 15 minutes - the audio will once again cut out. That is when the guys on Teamspeak report that "my sound has gone". Basically they are receiving robotic sounding microphone from me, coupled with digital interference noises. Unplugging the mic (and re-inserting) does not fix it in my case; I have to reboot. Important note: Desktop audio seems unaffected whenever this happens. I can still hear the guys clearly on Teamspeak, can play music without issue.

    I can get this to reproduce consistently whilst playing Elite: Dangerous. I've had it far less with other games like GTA V and Overwatch, but it does happen.

    I've just today bought another card to rule out a faulty original card / external device, but sure enough this one exhibits the exact same behaviour.

    Drivers are up to date. Firmware is up to date.

    System Config: Asus Z-170, Intel 6700k, 16GB RAM, EVGA 1070GTX SC. All running stock speeds.

    I hope that some firmware / software can be released to resolve this issue which has plagued the card since I purchased it in November 2015, but until then would appreciate some new ideas.

    Edit: I've just tried the headset plugged in directly to the card and experienced the same audio dropout as before.
    Last edited by Bindlestiff; 01-15-2017 at 02:24 AM.

  2. #142
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Adding a post here as I'm also having issues. I have a 4.0 speaker setup and am getting crackling noises with the sound card. Sometimes I have no crackles, sometimes I have many. Certain applications seem to really bring out the crackles (e.g. Forza 6: Apex). I did get the 1-5 seconds of no sound issue that other have gotten too, but it's been very rare (twice in all).

    I tried uninstalling the drivers and thought that fixed it, but then I ended up hearing crackles too! I've tried changing the bitrates and haven't found that to help either. I'm using the latest drivers and the one firmware update form ASUS.

    System: Asus X99-A II, Intel 6800K, 32GB 3200 DDR4, AMD 290, Corsair Force MP500 SSD, Corsair HX750i PSU. My sound card is in the PCIe 3.0/2.0 x13_3 slot (Off the CPU). The sound card has it's own IRQ44.

    The creative ZxR isn't an option for me as I also had driver issues with that one! (channels swapping around at random). Seems premium sound cards are having issues these days.

    Hopefully some fix is out there as the soundcard sounds great otherwise. I'm willing to upload any data files that may be of use. (I will also be going through this thread more closely and trying the other creative fixes people have mentioned).

    Edit: The sound dropping has become more common and as a new twist, sometimes instead of the sound just dropping, the front and rear speakers switch so music comes out of the rear speakers instead...
    Last edited by j5i7@; 02-05-2017 at 06:16 AM.

  3. #143
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    82

    STRIX RAID DLX Version 1.1.13



    WHQL driver (WIN 10 and WIN7 with WHQL, WIN8.1 without WHQL)



    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Aud...Setup_1113.zip

  4. #144
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    90

    Quote Originally Posted by Lotzi View Post
    STRIX RAID DLX Version 1.1.13



    WHQL driver (WIN 10 and WIN7 with WHQL, WIN8.1 without WHQL)



    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Aud...Setup_1113.zip
    Thanks for the heads up Lotzi.

  5. #145
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by Lotzi View Post
    STRIX RAID DLX Version 1.1.13



    WHQL driver (WIN 10 and WIN7 with WHQL, WIN8.1 without WHQL)



    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Aud...Setup_1113.zip
    Thanks for the info.

    But we don' t know about the changes of this new driver lol*

  6. #146
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by j5i7@ View Post
    Adding a post here as I'm also having issues. I have a 4.0 speaker setup and am getting crackling noises with the sound card. Sometimes I have no crackles, sometimes I have many. Certain applications seem to really bring out the crackles (e.g. Forza 6: Apex). I did get the 1-5 seconds of no sound issue that other have gotten too, but it's been very rare (twice in all).

    I tried uninstalling the drivers and thought that fixed it, but then I ended up hearing crackles too! I've tried changing the bitrates and haven't found that to help either. I'm using the latest drivers and the one firmware update form ASUS.

    System: Asus X99-A II, Intel 6800K, 32GB 3200 DDR4, AMD 290, Corsair Force MP500 SSD, Corsair HX750i PSU. My sound card is in the PCIe 3.0/2.0 x13_3 slot (Off the CPU). The sound card has it's own IRQ44.

    The creative ZxR isn't an option for me as I also had driver issues with that one! (channels swapping around at random). Seems premium sound cards are having issues these days.

    Hopefully some fix is out there as the soundcard sounds great otherwise. I'm willing to upload any data files that may be of use. (I will also be going through this thread more closely and trying the other creative fixes people have mentioned).

    Edit: The sound dropping has become more common and as a new twist, sometimes instead of the sound just dropping, the front and rear speakers switch so music comes out of the rear speakers instead...
    Well I've had moderate success with some combination of installing the new drivers, resetting the bios and tweaking the bios to be doing everything as much within intel spec as possible, not overclocking my CPU, and setting the rate to 24/48khz. Still frustrating that likely either Asus is missing something in the driver for the sound card or the motherboard division isn't following all standards on the motherboard leading to these issues.

  7. #147
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by j5i7@ View Post
    Well I've had moderate success with some combination of installing the new drivers, resetting the bios and tweaking the bios to be doing everything as much within intel spec as possible, not overclocking my CPU, and setting the rate to 24/48khz. Still frustrating that likely either Asus is missing something in the driver for the sound card or the motherboard division isn't following all standards on the motherboard leading to these issues.
    The driver is provided by the audio chipset vendor which in this case is as everyone knows is C-Media and both C-Media and ourselves have built systems with exact specs and can't in any way replicate the same issues experienced. The volume of these sound cards sold is very high but the return rate for this issue is extremely low, practically over 95% of the Strix cards are working fine for other people and all the people that have issues have come on to report the issue here on the forum. The number of people on the forum with this issue probably represents less than 0.5% (random guess) of all cards sold, so from our point of view this issue doesn't seem to be occurring for the majority. We've spent a lot of efforts to try and replicate the issue and without being able to replicate the same issue then there's no chance to fix this so called "issue."

    I can only recommend doing the following before returning the card to retailer for full refund:
    1) Test the card on a different computer to see if the same issue occurs
    2) RMA the card and see if the replacement card has the same issue
    Last edited by Bahz; 02-15-2017 at 10:10 AM.

  8. #148
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    90

    This is not exactly the same issue but since the last two drivers (newest beta and latest WHQL release) I have noticed sound dropping in certain games. It does not appear to effect anything outside of the games as music, videos, dvd's etc. play fine. It is minor as it seems to occur only once during a play session where the sound will drop out for a very brief period, similar to the time it might if you were switching between speakers and a headset, and then continues fine. I have tried different settings in and out of games and nothing seems to correct this. It is a minor issue but I thought I would add it in.

  9. #149
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Vlada011 PC Specs
    Vlada011 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V E10 (BIOS 1903)
    ProcessorIntel®i7-5820K (4.5GHz 1.325V)
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon
    Sound CardSound Blaster ZxR
    MonitorSamsung P2450H
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB/WD Black 2TB
    CPU CoolerEK RGB Monoblock RVE10
    CaseLian Li PC-O11 WXC
    Power SupplyEVGA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Deck 87 Francium PRO - MX Brown DS PBT
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Mouse Pad Steeseries QCK
    Headset/Speakers CREATIVE T5900 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903
    Accessory #1 iPhone SE Space Grey
    Accessory #2 EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass PWM + CoolstreamPE 360
    Accessory #3 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3 (radiator)
    Vlada011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Reputation
    20
    Posts
    1,457

    Someone maybe tried to compare ASUS Strix RAID DLX with ASUS Xonar STX II?
    That would be interesting to hear expert opinion about difference.


  10. #150
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Strix raid dlx

    Hello,

    i had an strix RAID before the STRIX RAID DLX. i returned the RAID because of sound cutting , alle the options in the ASUS software not working equilizer compressor and all the other functions do not work. and the microphone randomly starts sending out this weird robotic sound . when i disable and enable the mic it goed back to normal. now i have the RAID DLX. this worked for a few days longer then the RAID. but now im having the same issues. sound cutting , driver options not working strange mic noise.

    i have an ASUS STRIX X99 motherboard , Intel i7 5820K , G.SKILL RIPJAWS 32 GB 2133 quad kit. MSI GTX970 4G. and im running on windows 10. im hoping to find a solution to this problem. because i really need this card for my headphones. i have all the nvidea sound drivers and the onboard sound drivers disabled.

    When i uninstall the drivers and reinstall them they work for a random period of time. sometimes a few days sometime a few hours. they seem to last the longest when i dont turn of my pc. i think im going to return this card aswel....

    Greeting,

    Mark
    Last edited by Al-CaPwn_NL; 02-22-2017 at 02:02 AM.

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •