Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

and now i got this sound cutting problem too, the driver (1.18) run just fine until 1 week later i don't know for what reason the card keep making clicking noise everytime i launch a game now, or when i making some stress to the Graphics card, the clicking make all sounds dissapear

things i already did is reinstall soundcard driver,box firmware, asmedia usb

my spec
    amd fx 8120
    msi 970a krait
    ddr3 ram 1866 kingston
    powercolor r9 380
    Last edited by spycounter; 01-20-2018 at 01:43 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

alright so i think i found the fix for my problem
    i try use the 6 pin power directly from power supply, and now the cards work fine

before it i use power from molex to 6 pin.

i will update it if the problems back
    Last edited by spycounter; 01-21-2018 at 07:58 AM.

ROG Member Array exwound PC Specs
    exwound PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus B85M-E
    Processori5 4460
    Graphics Card #1Palit Jetstream 1060 6GB
    Sound CardAsus Strix Soar FW 1.03
    Power SupplyFSP ATX-500PNR

Sound cutting

Why volume is jumping? Especially in 2.0 to 5.1 upmix mode, it's terrible! How I can listen this??? Even older Xonar D1 works better! MUCH better!

exwound PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus B85M-E
    Processori5 4460

Quote Originally Posted by spycounter View Post
    i try use the 6 pin power directly from power supply, and now the cards work fine

You can don't use 6 pin connector at all, because this connector needs only for headphone amp in hi-impedance mode. Card works in 5.1 mode normally without additional power connector

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by spycounter View Post

Is the problem fixed ?

ROG Member Array

Hi. I'm from Russia. I've been using asus strix dlx for more than one year and the problem of interrupting the sound is still present. I tried all combinations of drivers and firmwares and even replaced !!! motherboard, but the problem does not disappear. The problem is repeated on the motherboard Asus z170-k and on the MSI z270-A PRO. Here are the conditions for finding the problem of interrupting sound for Asus programmers. The motherboard Asus z170-K, the bios version 3301 (bios default settings, built-in sound is turned off in BIOS). Power supply corsair RM750i. RAM 32 Gb Kingston hx424c15fbk4/32. Processor Intel i5 6600K (without overclocking), Video card palit 1080 super jetstream, bios from 10/28/2016. (without overclocking) Asus strix DLX, Beta BOX Firmware 1.14, driver version 1.1.18. Microsoft Windows 10 [Version 10.0.16299.125], clear new system, standard windows drivers for all other devices. There is a chip asmedia 1042A on the Strix DLX board. I updated its firmware to Version 131025_10_11_26. On Asus motherboard there is a chip asmedia 1142. I updated its firmware to version 150707_30_02_10. The chips asmedia are installed Drivers Version 1.16.50.1 WHQL. Player Foobar2000 ver 1.4 beta 6. Output device ASIO: STRIX RAID DLX ASIO (64). Without any software DSP sound processing. The problem of interrupting the sound is repeated with any combination of firmware versions and drivers and does not depend on them. Sound is interrupted in any applications, video, games, browser, etc. The same problem on the motherboard msi z270-a pro, but it does not even have an integrated controller USB 3 asmedia at all. The problem with ASUS Strix DLX drivers is still there !!! I think that the problem of interrupting the sound is a problem of incompatibility between the motherboard and the sound card. Or it is a bridge problem PCIex-USB asmedia 1042A on asus strix dlx. I ask Asus to solve this problem at the driver level or to admit that this is the hardware problem of the PCIe-USB asmedia 1042A bridge chip on the Strix DLX and I will not wait for the new driver and buy another manufacturer's sound card. Sincerely, user Asus Strix raid DLX from Russia.
    Sorry for Google translator
    Last edited by fincons2007; 02-21-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exwound View Post
    You can don't use 6 pin connector at all, because this connector needs only for headphone amp in hi-impedance mode. Card works in 5.1 mode normally without additional power connector
    We strongly suggest to connect a 6-pin power connector directly from your PSU to avoid any possible interference from the motherboard.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Soar DLX power.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	71787

exwound PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus B85M-E
    Processori5 4460

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    We strongly suggest to connect a 6-pin power connector directly from your PSU to avoid any possible interference from the motherboard.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Soar DLX power.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	71787
    Thank you for support, but in my case the card works just fine. Any news about fixing not working upmix in browsers? Even my old Xonar D1 do upmix in all apps, please fix it . I love so much to watch concerts, rare videos on youtube/etc.

exwound PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus B85M-E
    Processori5 4460

Quote Originally Posted by fincons2007 View Post
    Hi. I'm from Russia. I've been using asus strix dlx for more than one year and the problem of interrupting the sound is still present.
    Hi, i'm from Russia too. I can suggest you to play music with foobar through asio or wasapi, I have the same problem(dunno why) only with foobar through direct sound, but other players works fine even through DS. Try to change your player or your output from DS to ASIO/Wasapi.
    And try to delete asmedia driver, then install from windows update only, it helped me. Now i have 1.16.38 driver and no sound interrupting.
    Last edited by exwound; 02-24-2018 at 01:46 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by exwound View Post
    Hi, i'm from Russia too. I can suggest you to play music with foobar through asio or wasapi, I have the same problem(dunno why) only with foobar through direct sound, but other players works fine even through DS. Try to change your player or your output from DS to ASIO/Wasapi.
    And try to delete asmedia driver, then install from windows update only, it helped me. Now i have 1.16.38 driver and no sound interrupting.
    I have asmedia 1.60.51 installed without issues. I only tested Youtube and games, butnot spotify

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast