cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus viii hero error code 55

XploiT
Level 7
As the title says i assembled my new system yesterday and i'm getting this 55 code.
My system:
Maximus viii hero
I5-6600k
Gskill trident z 3200(F4-3200C16D-8GTZB)
Corsair hx 750w gold
2x radeon 7870 tahiti cf
Ek supremacy evo waterblock

(My memory kit is not in asus qvl list but in g skill site viii hero is in the qvl list)
So i know this 55 code is memory not installed but i've read others have the same kit working on this motherboard.
I tried all the troubleshooting stuff like 1 dimm installed in all the slots,updated to 1001 bios successfully i guess,reseated cpu..
So my since i don't have other ddr4 kit to try what i need to do.rma motherboard,ram,both,or get a cheap ddr4 dimm and try entering bios and applying the stuff raja@asus said on other topics about this error.

Thank you guys waiting for some help.
15 REPLIES 15

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
When you reseated your CPU, did you examine the CPU socket for any bent or missing pins?

Yea forgot to say that,that was the purpose of reseating abd there are no bent pins or pins missing.

DamianStr
Level 8
I have the Same Ram Gskill trident z F4-3200C16Q-32GTZB on my Maximus Viii Extreme but I have 32gb and I have the same probleem When I want to use XMP Profile he say after reboot Qcode55 so I do puch on rerty button and he goes back to bios setting before and say overclock fails and you can also CLrcmos bios

DamianStr wrote:
I have the Same Ram Gskill trident z F4-3200C16Q-32GTZB on my Maximus Viii Extreme but I have 32gb and I have the same probleem When I want to use XMP Profile he say after reboot Qcode55 so I do puch on rerty button and he goes back to bios setting before and say overclock fails and you can also CLrcmos bios

Yea wish that was the case but that's a new system and never managed to get into bios..I will rma the motherboard and hope that will fix things..I even reassembled the waterblock in case there was too tight on the motherboard and still the same.On the front it has plastic washers and on the back there is a soft plastic between the backplatecand the motherboard..

DamianStr wrote:

Unfortunately DDR4 3200 is not plug and play. It requires manual tweaking sometimes.

XploiT wrote:
Yea wish that was the case but that's a new system and never managed to get into bios..I will rma the motherboard and hope that will fix things..I even reassembled the waterblock in case there was too tight on the motherboard and still the same.On the front it has plastic washers and on the back there is a soft plastic between the backplatecand the motherboard..

Perhaps it would be wise to test your motherboard with the bare minimum out of the case before sending it back. Use the cardboard box as a testbench.

Chino wrote:
Unfortunately DDR4 3200 is not plug and play. It requires manual tweaking sometimes.

Perhaps it would be wise to test your motherboard with the bare minimum out of the case before sending it back. Use the cardboard box as a testbench.

Thank you for assisting me with my issue chino.I did test the motherboard as you said and still the same.I got in contact with the shop i purchased the motherboard and told me asus is slow in the rma and it will take 1 and a half months to get my mobo back..lol..So i decided to purchase another ddr4 kit from the qvl in order to be sure if its the mobo thats defective..Also the asus rep that i'm talking through emails told me to try a memory kit from the qvl list..I'll keep you updated.

XploiT wrote:
Thank you for assisting me with my issue chino.I did test the motherboard as you said and still the same.I got in contact with the shop i purchased the motherboard and told me asus is slow in the rma and it will take 1 and a half months to get my mobo back..lol..So i decided to purchase another ddr4 kit from the qvl in order to be sure if its the mobo thats defective..Also the asus rep that i'm talking through emails told me to try a memory kit from the qvl list..I'll keep you updated.

Keep me updated.

Also it would be wise if you can borrow a PSU, CPU or another motherboard from a friend to test your components. Or bring your system to a PC repair store and have them test it for you. The 55 QCODE means that the motherboard isn't picking up any memory modules. It can be anything from a defective module, motherboard or CPU.

As a sidenote. Did you populate the 8 pin power header on your motherboard?

Chino wrote:
Keep me updated.

Also it would be wise if you can borrow a PSU, CPU or another motherboard from a friend to test your components. Or bring your system to a PC repair store and have them test it for you. The 55 QCODE means that the motherboard isn't picking up any memory modules. It can be anything from a defective module, motherboard or CPU.

As a sidenote. Did you populate the 8 pin power header on your motherboard?

Yea already tested my backup psu that i use when leak testing.About the 8 pin power header,of course..Problem is none of my buddies got a z170 build so i can't troubleshoot..If i had parts to borrow i would know by now which part is defective..By the way as i was packaging the mobo yesterday i noticed on the back of the mobo 2 or 3 places that are shiny like glue or something and what made me think its totally the motherboard,the surface on the back of b1 or b2 ram module is a bit greyish or some acid corroded it?On the matt black pcb and the pins from b1 or b2.I'll take a photo of it later when i get home and upload it.

DamianStr
Level 8
I Heard some ppl say if he use XMP with IGPU he have Isseu to use XMP and when He use an Videokaart he can use XMP Without any Isseu also on 3200MHz and 3400MHz
And I use for Temporarily IGPU