cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G751JL burning smell

Karl_0
Level 7
Hey guys, so yesterday i was working with my laptop and suddenly i noticed burning plastic smell. I freaked out and swiched of my laptop. When i wanted to turn it on again, i press the button but the screen is black, i moved a bit my lid and then it was fine. So this morning when i opened my lid and my screen is not working, all sounds is OK keyboard is fine as well. But i had to move a lid to fix a screen. Even the red writing doesnt work on the other side of my lid when screen is black.

I want to ask what is wrong? Something burned or what????

Thank you for your replys and sorry for bad english 🙂
12 REPLIES 12

vore01
Level 7
Yikes...that ain't good...............call asus asap. Is it new? Did you google this to see if this is a common problem?

well i could not find anything similar to this...
i bought this laptop like 2 month ago only, and the problem is im studying abroad till new year, i cant give it to asus i need to work with it. im just asking maybe there is a solution, im not dum i know how to dissasemble a laptop, maybe anyone know a fast fix or i need to change the screen cable or something.

vore01 wrote:
Yikes...that ain't good...............call asus asap. Is it new? Did you google this to see if this is a common problem?

i bought this laptop like 2 month ago only, and the problem is im studying abroad till new year, i cant give it to asus i need to work with it. im just asking maybe there is a solution, im not dum i know how to dissasemble a laptop, maybe anyone know a fast fix or i need to change the screen cable or something.

sorry for spamming 😄 im new here

Karl 0 wrote:

sorry for spamming 😄 im new here

best advice I can give is....if my laptop smelled like burning plastic...I would turn it off and send it to Asus. Get a smaller/cheaper laptop to use in the mean time. I would also contact Asus customer service let them know whats going on and perhaps if you get the right agent they may furnish you with a temporary replacement.

If the laptop smells like there's something burning when you turn it on ...I would not turn it on dude. Might be a problem that's way over your head

vore01 wrote:
best advice I can give is....if my laptop smelled like burning plastic...I would turn it off and send it to Asus. Get a smaller/cheaper laptop to use in the mean time. I would also contact Asus customer service let them know whats going on and perhaps if you get the right agent they may furnish you with a temporary replacement.

If the laptop smells like there's something burning when you turn it on ...I would not turn it on dude. Might be a problem that's way over your head

i mean it smelled for that moment, not its fine but screen is totally black when i move lid.

Karl 0 wrote:
i mean it smelled for that moment, not its fine but screen is totally black when i move lid.

so it's not working then...send it to Asus or if you have a local repair shop near you drop in and ask for advice. If the screen is black and you can't use it, what choice do you have?

vore01 wrote:
so it's not working then...send it to Asus or if you have a local repair shop near you drop in and ask for advice. If the screen is black and you can't use it, what choice do you have?

well if i move a screen a bit then it turns on until i move it again... Its annoying coz in the morning i had to move it for like 5 minutes to get it working... I think its a cable or something. Any thoughts how to fix that on my own??

Karl 0 wrote:
well if i move a screen a bit then it turns on until i move it again... Its annoying coz in the morning i had to move it for like 5 minutes to get it working... I think its a cable or something. Any thoughts how to fix that on my own??

you're joking right?

vore01 wrote:
you're joking right?

what do you mean im joaking? xD im totaly serious 🙂