cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New realtek driver released for Maximus VIII Hero

sireric
Level 8
Noticed on the www.asus.com website in Windows 10 64b support page.
20 REPLIES 20

sireric
Level 8

GREEN27
Level 7
another crappy audio driver. i have performance issues browser take ages to open and other programs are very slow

GREEN27 wrote:
another crappy audio driver. i have performance issues browser take ages to open and other programs are very slow

Yeah Asus site is slow but find the your moederbord on Google to go to your moederbord page

It's much faster

Chino
Level 15
The driver on the Support Page is usually a little behind. But if it's on there, it means that the driver has been tested and validated on the motherboard by the ASUS team.

GREEN27
Level 7
im not talking about the asus site being slow.im talking about the audio driver make my browser and some programs slow and crashing,after unistall the driver everyting return to normal i think asus never learn how to make drivers

Really? I initially had some issues with latency and audio. latencymon showed the issue to be ndis.sys. Using the older driver from Intel, or the very latest 20.4, that issue is gone. Audio works well, and I've never seen any app/game issues, and certainly haven't seen desktop issues using win10.

Realtek writes the audio driver, not Asus. While Asus releases them and may do QA, the real work is from Realtek itself.

sireric wrote:
Really? I initially had some issues with latency and audio. latencymon showed the issue to be ndis.sys. Using the older driver from Intel, or the very latest 20.4, that issue is gone. Audio works well, and I've never seen any app/game issues, and certainly haven't seen desktop issues using win10.

Realtek writes the audio driver, not Asus. While Asus releases them and may do QA, the real work is from Realtek itself.

You mean the intel driver on the hero driver page is causing problems ? Intel(R) Gigabit Ethernet Driver V20.2.4001.0 i have had no problem with this driver on my ranger board, and it uses the same intel driver.

Daytrader wrote:
You mean the intel driver on the hero driver page is causing problems ? Intel(R) Gigabit Ethernet Driver V20.2.4001.0 i have had no problem with this driver on my ranger board, and it uses the same intel driver.

With the current set of ASUS drivers (based on Intel 20.3 or 20.2), I was seeing ndis.sys as the longest latency item in latency monitor. Watching for ~10 minutes, I would see it spike all the way to 5-6 ms. And this would cause audio stutters at time, especially after games had been running >1 hour. With the latest Intel release 20.4.1, the spikes appear gone, and while ndis remains higher than I would like, there are no more audio lags or stutters that I've noticed.

I recently installed the audio drivers. Why are they so horrible when I turn it on in the sonic app?