Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

New realtek driver released for Maximus VIII Hero

Noticed on the www.asus.com website in Windows 10 64b support page.

ROG Member Array

ROG Member Array

another crappy audio driver. i have performance issues browser take ages to open and other programs are very slow

ROG Enthusiast Array DamianStr PC Specs
    DamianStr PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus VIII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core I7 6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C16Q-32GTZB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce GTX 970 Strix OC 4GB
    Sound CardSupremeFX 2015
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 512GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X61
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe White
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GREEN27 View Post
    another crappy audio driver. i have performance issues browser take ages to open and other programs are very slow
    Yeah Asus site is slow but find the your moederbord on Google to go to your moederbord page

It's much faster

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

The driver on the Support Page is usually a little behind. But if it's on there, it means that the driver has been tested and validated on the motherboard by the ASUS team.

ROG Member Array

im not talking about the asus site being slow.im talking about the audio driver make my browser and some programs slow and crashing,after unistall the driver everyting return to normal i think asus never learn how to make drivers

ROG Member Array

Really? I initially had some issues with latency and audio. latencymon showed the issue to be ndis.sys. Using the older driver from Intel, or the very latest 20.4, that issue is gone. Audio works well, and I've never seen any app/game issues, and certainly haven't seen desktop issues using win10.

Realtek writes the audio driver, not Asus. While Asus releases them and may do QA, the real work is from Realtek itself.

ROG Member Array

use maxthon browser and subtitle edit and you ill see.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by sireric View Post
    Really? I initially had some issues with latency and audio. latencymon showed the issue to be ndis.sys. Using the older driver from Intel, or the very latest 20.4, that issue is gone. Audio works well, and I've never seen any app/game issues, and certainly haven't seen desktop issues using win10.

Realtek writes the audio driver, not Asus. While Asus releases them and may do QA, the real work is from Realtek itself.
    You mean the intel driver on the hero driver page is causing problems ? Intel(R) Gigabit Ethernet Driver V20.2.4001.0 i have had no problem with this driver on my ranger board, and it uses the same intel driver.
    Last edited by Daytrader; 11-09-2015 at 10:47 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Daytrader View Post
    You mean the intel driver on the hero driver page is causing problems ? Intel(R) Gigabit Ethernet Driver V20.2.4001.0 i have had no problem with this driver on my ranger board, and it uses the same intel driver.
    With the current set of ASUS drivers (based on Intel 20.3 or 20.2), I was seeing ndis.sys as the longest latency item in latency monitor. Watching for ~10 minutes, I would see it spike all the way to 5-6 ms. And this would cause audio stutters at time, especially after games had been running >1 hour. With the latest Intel release 20.4.1, the spikes appear gone, and while ndis remains higher than I would like, there are no more audio lags or stutters that I've noticed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast