cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does G752VL-BHI7N32 at Best Buy have G-Sync?

kroppork
Level 7
Best buy has a new G752VL-BHI7N32 which is $50 less than the cheapest G752 on Asus's web site but with 4gb less ram. Everything I read about the G752 seems to say that all models have G-Sync, however I am having trouble getting G-Sync to show up in the NVidia control panel and noticed that Best Buy's web site does not mention G-Sync. Is it possible that Asus has released a version of the G752 that does not include G-Sync? I really like this laptop but notice the screen tearing which gets noticeably better with VSync, so I am thinking G-Sync is not being used.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-17-3-laptop-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-silver-copper-...
8 REPLIES 8

Edweird
Level 10
If I recall correctly, only 970/980 equipped laptops come with G-SYNC, so that's the VY and VT models.

Also, I think you're the first G752 owner on the forums so...please post photos and give us details about it. 🙂

vore01
Level 7
kroppork wrote:
Best buy has a new G752VL-BHI7N32 which is $50 less than the cheapest G752 on Asus's web site but with 4gb less ram. Everything I read about the G752 seems to say that all models have G-Sync, however I am having trouble getting G-Sync to show up in the NVidia control panel and noticed that Best Buy's web site does not mention G-Sync. Is it possible that Asus has released a version of the G752 that does not include G-Sync? I really like this laptop but notice the screen tearing which gets noticeably better with VSync, so I am thinking G-Sync is not being used.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-17-3-laptop-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-silver-copper-...

Yes please post pics...and I was told that the black finish was only available in Europe...North America gets the silver finish...is your laptop the black metal finish?

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
I was able to get my hands on a G752VL-BHI7N32 sample unit and see the G-sync setting under the nVidia Control Panel as in the screenshot below with the unit running the 208 bios and nVidia vga driver V10.18.13.5384 posted on the ASUS download site.

Under the nVidia Control Panel Display settings to 'Adjust desktop color settings', it also lists the Laptop Display (G-SYNC Capable) which I can post a screenshot of if it helps.

You may want to check if you are running the same vga driver version?

toronto699
Level 13
cl-Albert good for u thank you that's very positive . actually Cl-Albert u have surprised me that u took the time
I going to buy the G-752VY-DH78K. Already in process, quite a price here in Can {CA} I'm sure ill be pleased

badhand386
Level 9
kroppork wrote:

I have a G752VT and I too do NOT have G-Sync capability. I spoke to customer service today and he assured me that ALL models of the G752 are G-Sync capable. So there is some type of disconnect somewhere that is removing our capability for the moment. The display model at the store I purchased mine from doesn't have the G-Sync option currently either.

Also, I tried the driver mentioned a couple comments up with no luck. I also tried an absolute clean install of drivers as well as a system restore to stock.

Hi cl-Albert, thanks so much for checking. I just noticed your response and will do some more testing tonight. I have tried a couple of NVidia drivers including the originals from the Asus site with no luck. I had given up assuming G-Sync was not available but now that I know it is I will dig further tonight and let everyone know what I find.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi kroppork,

fyi.

I've been working with badhand386 on the same missing G-sync option for a G752VT-RH71 unit and we tried everything we could think of, but exchanging the unit seemed to do the trick for badhand386, so something you may want to consider and make sure it's not too late to do through your store if possible.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?78698-G752-with-no-G-Sync/page2
badhand386 wrote:
As of today my g-sync works. All I had to do was exchange the laptop for the same exact model. Guess I received a Dud?

It should really work as soon as you get it out-of-the box though, so not sure that we will be able to find a different solution, but can discuss a little more if you wish.

I would also like to get more information about your system to investigate more on our end and get a better idea what is going on, but again, may not help get your unit working, so not something you may want to pursue or spend too much time on unless you're interested , but send me a PM at cl-Albert if you want to.

Thanks.

cl-Albert wrote:
Hi kroppork,

fyi.

I've been working with badhand386 on the same missing G-sync option for a G752VT-RH71 unit and we tried everything we could think of, but exchanging the unit seemed to do the trick for badhand386, so something you may want to consider and make sure it's not too late to do through your store if possible.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?78698-G752-with-no-G-Sync/page2

It should really work as soon as you get it out-of-the box though, so not sure that we will be able to find a different solution, but can discuss a little more if you wish.

I would also like to get more information about your system to investigate more on our end and get a better idea what is going on, but again, may not help get your unit working, so not something you may want to pursue or spend too much time on unless you're interested , but send me a PM at cl-Albert if you want to.

Thanks.

The new one did work out of the box. No difficulty whatsoever. I will check the aida64 info later to see if the panel is somehow different on the replacement. I'll keep you informed. I won't abandon anyone simply because my issue is fixed.

UPDATE:

model number of everything is exactly the same on the new laptop. I have no idea why it wasn't working on the old one. Do yourself a favor and exchange it before it's too late.