cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak II causes BSOD

DocCovington
Level 7
Hello everyone,

the other day, I installed the latest version of GPU Tweak II on my system (Windows 7, 64-bit, 8 GB RAM etc.). Ever since, I would repeatedly get a BSOD with the following error:

IOMap64.sys > PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Now, I know that IOMap64.sys is part of the GPU Tweak software. I uninstalled GPU Tweak II and went back to the latest version of GPU Tweak I. No more BSOD.

So, my question is: Has GPU Tweak II been optimized for Windows 10 per chance and is therefore causing this issue under Windows 7 OS?

Thanks in advance
Doc
7 REPLIES 7

DeathtoGnomes
Level 9
Was that install the first time GpuT was installed on your system?

IF yes, you may have to perform a clean install by running the installer as Admin (right-click "Run as Administrator")

If no, you will have to manually clean your files and registry of any traces of GpuT2 before trying again.
SpeedFan controls fans and temps, once you learn how to configure it properly. :cool:

Don't worry, I went back to a two days older backup of my Windows system (via Acronis TrueImage) where GPU Tweak 1 was still installed, so I did not have to clean any traces. 😉

I then updated to the latest version of GPU Tweak 1 instead of switching to GPU Tweak II. All is good now.

I'd still like to know, though, why GPU Tweak II was causing BSODs.

Poor Programming skills or just a noobie programmer trying to use whats in the books he/she has.
SpeedFan controls fans and temps, once you learn how to configure it properly. :cool:

Hello,

Just finished building my new i7 desktop:

Win10 Pro
i7 7700K
Asus Maximus IX Code
Asus GeForce GTX1060 6GB OC
Corsair Vengeance RAM 32GB

I installed successfully the IX Code CD.
Following with the Graphics Card CD:

1. the autorun, or the UI.exe, didn't work, I had to manually click on the Driver folder, to install the driver (PLEASE ASUS FIX IT).
2. I then installed the GPU Tweak II, and my *first* BSOD on my brand new i7 with IOMap64.sys message, was a surprise!

Rebooted 3 times still crashing (BSOD), about 2 sec. after Win10 load.

Tried to repair the system (through Windows shift+restart), went there, but didn't proceed with it, and shutdown the computer.

Next power on, and no more BSOD... (no clue what fixed it).

So, question is: what is the cause of this BSOD (definitely happened right after installing Tweak II)?

Also, shall I trust keeping the GPU Tweak II and running, or I might get into issues (BSOD) again later?

EDIT : Updated to the latest GPUTweakII Version 1.5.6.1, and after rebooting the same BSOD !
It was fixed in the same way, after entering to repair system, and shutting down the machine before entering my password. No more clues.

Please ASUS fix this issue.

Thanks

This is unbelievable. *ASUS has known about this for years and still can’t fix it. You should never need a 3rd party program to uninstall anything.*

WowMags wrote:
This is unbelievable. *ASUS has known about this for years and still can’t fix it. You should never need a 3rd party program to uninstall anything.*

Well, I actually no longer have issues with GPU Tweak II and have been using it for a long time now. So I suppose any issues are system-related rather than software-related?

kon70 wrote:
Hello,

Just finished building my new i7 desktop:

Win10 Pro
i7 7700K
Asus Maximus IX Code
Asus GeForce GTX1060 6GB OC
Corsair Vengeance RAM 32GB

I installed successfully the IX Code CD.
Following with the Graphics Card CD:

1. the autorun, or the UI.exe, didn't work, I had to manually click on the Driver folder, to install the driver (PLEASE ASUS FIX IT).
2. I then installed the GPU Tweak II, and my *first* BSOD on my brand new i7 with IOMap64.sys message, was a surprise!

Rebooted 3 times still crashing (BSOD), about 2 sec. after Win10 load.

Tried to repair the system (through Windows shift+restart), went there, but didn't proceed with it, and shutdown the computer.

Next power on, and no more BSOD... (no clue what fixed it).

So, question is: what is the cause of this BSOD (definitely happened right after installing Tweak II)?

Also, shall I trust keeping the GPU Tweak II and running, or I might get into issues (BSOD) again later?

EDIT : Updated to the latest GPUTweakII Version 1.5.6.1, and after rebooting the same BSOD !
It was fixed in the same way, after entering to repair system, and shutting down the machine before entering my password. No more clues.

Please ASUS fix this issue.

Thanks

why the cd. get all your drivers from the mobo website and the last bios available. the CD are for coaster. always use current drivers and bios
Learn, Play Enjoy!