cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone bought the G752VT

Kid_Poetik
Level 7
And if so, how do you like it. What are som pros and cons?
11 REPLIES 11

Clintlgm
Level 14
Well were still waiting for the first ones to show up here that actually have one.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

badhand386
Level 9
Kid Poetik wrote:
And if so, how do you like it. What are som pros and cons?

I purchased it on 5 NOV, I have used it for a couple days now. I have been unable to get G-Sync to work. So far that is my only gripe I have with the laptop. I think the issue is that there is no actual display driver, it's using windows stock INF which locks the refresh rate to 60hz. I have attempted custom resolutions and refresh rates but my attempts have ended with a black screen. Everything else runs great, just no G-Sync. Customer service told me to return it since it should work out of the box. I went back to the store to test the display laptop for G-Sync capability only to find it unable to perform that function as well and for most likely the same reason.

Ok why are you not using NVidia drivers, the stock windows inf most likely doesn't support G Sync. You may have to download the NVidia drivers. and then disconnect from the internet to get them installed. This is a know issue with windows 10 as MS thinks you should use there driver versions!!
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

toronto699
Level 13
that's perplexing with 3 G752's and No G-Sync. but Asus Cl-Albert on a pre release model has Gsync. I wonder if this is going be a big deal
badhand what specs do u have please post

toronto699 wrote:
that's perplexing with 3 G752's and No G-Sync. but Asus Cl-Albert on a pre release model has Gsync. I wonder if this is going be a big deal
badhand what specs do u have please post

G752VT-RH71
GTX 970m 3GB
16GB DDR4
Skylake 6700HQ
1TB Harddrive.
Xotic is listing this current model as G-Sync as well.

badhand386
Level 9
I am using Nvidia drivers. I am talking about the display panel itself. The display panel has that generic pnp driver installed. The graphics card is using the Nvidia drivers. I've used the drivers off of Asus site, as well as latest Nvidia. I need the inf files for the monitor itself so it can tell the graphics card it's specs such as refresh rate and capabilities.

I guess you could use Hwinfo64 to find out the IP panel manufacture and get a Inf file from them. I don't remember any being supplied by Asus in the past?

Just checking you are using custom install with NVidia and clean installing the drivers?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
I guess you could use Hwinfo64 to find out the IP panel manufacture and get a Inf file from them. I don't remember any being supplied by Asus in the past?

Just checking you are using custom install with NVidia and clean installing the drivers?

Total clean installation of drivers. Tried the ones on asus' site as well as newest from Nvidia. I will attempt to use your recommendation to find panel id later and post any successful or unsuccessful findings.

That's the information given by HWINFO64 Clintlgm. I am unable to find anything about the display panel with the model number given. Maybe someone else will have better luck?

Looks like a manufacture and model number to me. I haven't ever looked for a monitor Info file in a long time. Your probably not finding any info on these monitors as they probably don't sell retail. Why don't you PM cl-albert I think he will help you sort this out. its tough though since the first ones are just now comin out.

also you should start a new thread for this issue you'll have more people see it that way.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro