cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Command Lighting on G20AJ Not Appearing

MissingOne123
Level 7
So I've been messing around with the ASUS Command program, talking to ASUS support all day, until they suggested I do a complete system reset and I thought that sounded too extreme but I'd really like to be able to change the colors.

So far, I've done a system restore to before I did the lighting update(didn't do anything), reinstall the program, restart, ect. At first, when I'd first click the Tool option in the program, the thing would crash, but now when I do it the Lighting option doesnt show up.

The ASUS Command - Lighting still shows up in the Update section, but I've clicked to install it about 5 times now. It doesn't seem to do anything. ASUS Command - Lighting doesn't show up in my Installed Programs(I looked to see if I could uninstall it), either.

Does anyone have a solution? I would have tried support again but the chat isn't working anymore.

Also, if this is in the wrong place, I'll gladly move it and sorry if so!

I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit on a G20AJ that I literally just got yesterday.

What it looks like from my point, for what it's worth.
1 REPLY 1

dianebrat
Level 9
Why not just manually download and install it from the Asus website support section?
I suspect it's trying to install in the background and failing since it's trying to do a silent install, but manually downloading and installing you may get better results and error messages.

There's nothing special about doing it through the Asus Command application as opposed to manually installing it.