Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    ROG Enthusiast Array JET.1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    38

    Crappy SupremeFx , Realtek driver or sonicsound plugin !

    hello every body
    im new here and just brought a new mobo and its my first asus mobo and its worst !
    im not a simple user and expert in IT and computer science also wanna explain
    got an issue with crappy sound card ! and seem it wont fix with reinstalling realtek driver or reinstalling sonicsound plugin !

    i can't explain the problem correctly

    its happening while i playing music
    or running games ! and a weird noise repeat in speaker and corrupting the sound and cut it like somethings prevent the processes !
    i dono if i mentioned and explain it right or not

    issue disappear after each restarting or shutdown !
    then after a range of time its get back

    surf the web and find many of same issue with other guys and same mobo's like vii hero or other same realtek chip audio only on asus mobo's ! please help if you got this mobo or had same problem !
    thank you for helping me


    update bios to 1001 ver
    no oc'd cpu or mobo or memory
    installed latest crappy realtek audio driver
    installed latest sonic sound plugin
    installed fresh win 10 enterprise x64

    my rig :

    i7 6700k @stock clock
    ASUS MAXMUS VIII HERO Z170X
    16 GB DDR4 AVEXIR BLITS SERIES 3000 MHZ
    GIGABYTE GTX 980 G1 GAMING
    900W ANTEC PSU
    2X CORSAIR 128GB SSD , 1X ADATA 256GB SSD , 1TB HDD

  2. #2
    ROG Enthusiast Array DamianStr PC Specs
    DamianStr PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus VIII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core I7 6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C16Q-32GTZB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce GTX 970 Strix OC 4GB
    Sound CardSupremeFX 2015
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 512GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X61
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe White
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    DamianStr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    69

    I have The Maximus Viii Extreme But I Dont have Problems with Audio SupremeFX

    did you also try Realtek official driver and what is your Audio system that you use

    and there are no dmg cables or touche each other?
    Last edited by DamianStr; 11-08-2015 at 09:40 AM.

  3. #3
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Vlada011 PC Specs
    Vlada011 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V E10 (BIOS 1903)
    ProcessorIntel®i7-5820K (4.5GHz 1.325V)
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon
    Sound CardSound Blaster ZxR
    MonitorSamsung P2450H
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB/WD Black 2TB
    CPU CoolerEK RGB Monoblock RVE10
    CaseLian Li PC-O11 WXC
    Power SupplyEVGA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Deck 87 Francium PRO - MX Brown DS PBT
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Mouse Pad Steeseries QCK
    Headset/Speakers CREATIVE T5900 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903
    Accessory #1 iPhone SE Space Grey
    Accessory #2 EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass PWM + CoolstreamPE 360
    Accessory #3 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3 (radiator)
    Vlada011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Reputation
    20
    Posts
    1,467

    ASUS ROG Motherboards are famous as hardware with best onboard audio card.
    SupremeFX is was excellent and before 5 years but last 3 years evolve lot and now give even better sound quality.
    Best what customer can get from onboard card.

    Did you tried both version of driver from download page for your motherboard?
    Some software as Driver Sweeper and Driver Cleaner have option to clean traces from Realtek Audio after uninstall and before install other driver.
    When you install driver you should open Supreme FX Manager and choose there your type of speakers and other settings...
    Software is similar as this

    https://youtu.be/rHa5RaQOnHg

    If you still have problem as distortion, cracking or some similar audio problems I would try with driver for Windows 7 x64bit on differnt OS.
    I tried before 2-3 months SupremeFX 2014. I installed Realtek Audio Driver from page for my motherboard start ASUS Setup he install everything.
    I opened SupremeFX software and change speaker configuration and didn't had any sound problem.

    But if your problem continue if you plan to stay on onboard solution not Phoebus or Sound Blaster Z or ASUS Strix Soar than maybe is time to call service and met them with audio problem. If they replicate problem and motherboard is culprit they will replace you board.
    Supereme FX is for me very good for some period before customer decide how good sound want.
    When you used on dedicate sound... and 100-120$ solutions are absolutely enough except for people with 500-600$ worth sound system, than you can't back any more on Onboard sound. Some good Sound cards cost 150-160-170$ with some unnecessary things...Xonar Phoebus and Sound Blaster Zx example. But same cards could be bought for 80-120$ only without control modules, Phoebus Solo and Sound Blaster Z.


  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Vlada011 PC Specs
    Vlada011 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V E10 (BIOS 1903)
    ProcessorIntel®i7-5820K (4.5GHz 1.325V)
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon
    Sound CardSound Blaster ZxR
    MonitorSamsung P2450H
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB/WD Black 2TB
    CPU CoolerEK RGB Monoblock RVE10
    CaseLian Li PC-O11 WXC
    Power SupplyEVGA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Deck 87 Francium PRO - MX Brown DS PBT
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Mouse Pad Steeseries QCK
    Headset/Speakers CREATIVE T5900 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903
    Accessory #1 iPhone SE Space Grey
    Accessory #2 EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass PWM + CoolstreamPE 360
    Accessory #3 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3 (radiator)
    Vlada011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Reputation
    20
    Posts
    1,467

    SupremeFX is for me good reason to someone who don't have dedicate sound card pay attention on ROG motherboard over other option.
    But always when I look motherboards, mATX or E-ATX I immediately search for x4 or x1 PCI-E slot for dedicate sound card and SupremeFX is only plus
    just in case if sound card die, before buy new one, etc...
    I mean if someone pay 600-700-800$ for graphic card, no reason to avoid 100$ worth PCI-Ex1 Sound Cards with clearer sound.
    Special because one Sound Card could stay 6-7-8 years and no need for fast upgrade as graphic cards.


  5. #5
    ROG Enthusiast Array JET.1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    38

    Quote Originally Posted by DamianStr View Post
    I have The Maximus Viii Extreme But I Dont have Problems with Audio SupremeFX

    did you also try Realtek official driver and what is your Audio system that you use

    and there are no dmg cables or touche each other?


    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada011 View Post
    ASUS ROG Motherboards are famous as hardware with best onboard audio card.
    SupremeFX is was excellent and before 5 years but last 3 years evolve lot and now give even better sound quality.
    Best what customer can get from onboard card.

    Did you tried both version of driver from download page for your motherboard?
    Some software as Driver Sweeper and Driver Cleaner have option to clean traces from Realtek Audio after uninstall and before install other driver.
    When you install driver you should open Supreme FX Manager and choose there your type of speakers and other settings...
    Software is similar as this

    https://youtu.be/rHa5RaQOnHg

    If you still have problem as distortion, cracking or some similar audio problems I would try with driver for Windows 7 x64bit on differnt OS.
    I tried before 2-3 months SupremeFX 2014. I installed Realtek Audio Driver from page for my motherboard start ASUS Setup he install everything.
    I opened SupremeFX software and change speaker configuration and didn't had any sound problem.

    But if your problem continue if you plan to stay on onboard solution not Phoebus or Sound Blaster Z or ASUS Strix Soar than maybe is time to call service and met them with audio problem. If they replicate problem and motherboard is culprit they will replace you board.
    Supereme FX is for me very good for some period before customer decide how good sound want.
    When you used on dedicate sound... and 100-120$ solutions are absolutely enough except for people with 500-600$ worth sound system, than you can't back any more on Onboard sound. Some good Sound cards cost 150-160-170$ with some unnecessary things...Xonar Phoebus and Sound Blaster Zx example. But same cards could be bought for 80-120$ only without control modules, Phoebus Solo and Sound Blaster Z.
    thanks both of you guys for responding to my question !

    i just trying to install the driver on asus.com web site and i just dono what was that driver version cause one latest driver published on asus web site 4 days ago and im not sure witch of them installed right now !
    whats the DMG CABLE ? please explain !

    superemfx is awesome and agreed with you but ! i think problem comes from realtek and i think its not about mobo hardware and should be the software conflict or driver issue !

    searching the web and found a solution with uninstalling REALTEK HD AUDIO AND HD DIGITAL AUDIO then installing realtek only with *.ini and disabling monitor hdmi audio and disabling hd digital audio from device manager !

    seems problem is gone !
    and sonic suite work correctly !
    i should mention that , installed realtek audio driver without runing the setup !
    the setup package would installing realtek hd audio driver + sonic radar + sonic suite + patch !
    Last edited by JET.1983; 11-08-2015 at 01:08 PM.

  6. #6
    ROG Enthusiast Array DamianStr PC Specs
    DamianStr PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus VIII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core I7 6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C16Q-32GTZB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GeForce GTX 970 Strix OC 4GB
    Sound CardSupremeFX 2015
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 512GB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X61
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe White
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    DamianStr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    69

    I mean If a calbe is damage (broken) it can give wurd sound
    Last edited by DamianStr; 11-08-2015 at 01:35 PM.

  7. #7
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    339
    Posts
    15,255

    Quote Originally Posted by JET.1983 View Post
    thanks both of you guys for responding to my question !

    i just trying to install the driver on asus.com web site and i just dono what was that driver version cause one latest driver published on asus web site 4 days ago and im not sure witch of them installed right now !
    whats the DMG CABLE ? please explain !

    superemfx is awesome and agreed with you but ! i think problem comes from realtek and i think its not about mobo hardware and should be the software conflict or driver issue !

    searching the web and found a solution with uninstalling REALTEK HD AUDIO AND HD DIGITAL AUDIO then installing realtek only with *.ini and disabling monitor hdmi audio and disabling hd digital audio from device manager !

    seems problem is gone !
    and sonic suite work correctly !
    i should mention that , installed realtek audio driver without runing the setup !
    the setup package would installing realtek hd audio driver + sonic radar + sonic suite + patch !
    The Realtek Driver Setup works fine for me. It must have been an issue with your particular Windows install or something. Nevertheless, I'm glad you managed to solve your problem.

  8. #8
    ROG Enthusiast Array JET.1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    38

    problem is back

    i hate asus

    ---------------

    update to latest bios version (1202 ) and problem is gone
    enjoy your superb sound card
    i love asus
    Last edited by JET.1983; 11-15-2015 at 07:50 AM.

  9. #9
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by JET.1983 View Post
    problem is back

    i hate asus

    ---------------

    update to latest bios version (1202 ) and problem is gone
    enjoy your superb sound card
    i love asus
    i have the same issue! , i did pretty much everything of the above..Even flashing bios to 1202v but the sound problem continues!!!!
    its too sad , that asus release this nice board with a sound issue..
    Shame..

  10. #10
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Vinny1001 PC Specs
    Vinny1001 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha
    ProcessorIntel Skylake 6700k 4.0GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 2x 8GB DDR4
    Graphics Card #1Asus STRIX 1080 Ti
    MonitorBenQ XL2411
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro, 840 Pro, M.2 840 Evo
    Storage #22x 1TB WD Black
    CPU CoolerCorsair H60
    CaseCorsair Carbide 300R
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 Modular
    Mouse Swiftpoint The Z
    Headset Logitech G240
    Mouse Pad Swiftpoint The Z Mouse Pad
    Headset/Speakers 5.1 Logitech Surround Z506
    OS Windows 10 Pro, version 1703
    Network RouterAsus RT N66U

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    166

    Quote Originally Posted by ikaros007 View Post
    i have the same issue! , i did pretty much everything of the above..Even flashing bios to 1202v but the sound problem continues!!!!
    its too sad , that asus release this nice board with a sound issue..
    Shame..
    ikaros007, I have the same exact issue. All components tested, fully working on another Z170 board. Speakers, GPU, CASE, PSU, all tested and work perfect on my previous build.

    Never had this audio issue before. Always have used Asus motherboards.

    An Asus rep is getting back to me tomorrow, supposedly, and spoke with the technical guys over the weekend. He is aware many are getting audio issues.

    Windows default audio drivers work 100% though.

    Will post further info if it's note worthy tomorrow. I also may swap boards for the Hero Alpha, since it's coming out soon, I think.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •