cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crappy SupremeFx , Realtek driver or sonicsound plugin !

JET_1983
Level 7
hello every body
im new here and just brought a new mobo and its my first asus mobo and its worst !
im not a simple user and expert in IT and computer science also wanna explain
got an issue with crappy sound card ! and seem it wont fix with reinstalling realtek driver or reinstalling sonicsound plugin !

i can't explain the problem correctly

its happening while i playing music
or running games ! and a weird noise repeat in speaker and corrupting the sound and cut it like somethings prevent the processes !
i dono if i mentioned and explain it right or not 😞

issue disappear after each restarting or shutdown !
then after a range of time its get back 😞

surf the web and find many of same issue with other guys and same mobo's like vii hero or other same realtek chip audio only on asus mobo's ! please help if you got this mobo or had same problem !
thank you for helping me 🙂

update bios to 1001 ver
no oc'd cpu or mobo or memory
installed latest crappy realtek audio driver
installed latest sonic sound plugin
installed fresh win 10 enterprise x64

my rig :

i7 6700k @stock clock
ASUS MAXMUS VIII HERO Z170X
16 GB DDR4 AVEXIR BLITS SERIES 3000 MHZ
GIGABYTE GTX 980 G1 GAMING
900W ANTEC PSU
2X CORSAIR 128GB SSD , 1X ADATA 256GB SSD , 1TB HDD
Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Skylake
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero
Avexir Blitz Series 16GB 4X4GB 3000Mhz CL15 DDR4
GIGABYTE GTX980 G1 Gaming OC
Corsair 2x 128GB Gs series ssD, ADATA 1x SX900 256G, Samsung Evo 850 500G, Seagate Baracuda 1TB, WD Blue 1TB
ASUS MX279H - Full HD AH-IPS LED
Razer Kraken
Razer DEATHSTALKER EXPERT Gaming
Razer DEATHADDER 4G 6400dpi
Razer Guantler Control Edition
Antec 900w High Current Gaming
Corsair Graphite 780T Black - Corsair H100i
http://valid.x86.fr/yb0b85
14 REPLIES 14

DamianStr
Level 8
I have The Maximus Viii Extreme But I Dont have Problems with Audio SupremeFX

did you also try Realtek official driver and what is your Audio system that you use

and there are no dmg cables or touche each other?

Vlada011
Level 10
ASUS ROG Motherboards are famous as hardware with best onboard audio card.
SupremeFX is was excellent and before 5 years but last 3 years evolve lot and now give even better sound quality.
Best what customer can get from onboard card.

Did you tried both version of driver from download page for your motherboard?
Some software as Driver Sweeper and Driver Cleaner have option to clean traces from Realtek Audio after uninstall and before install other driver.
When you install driver you should open Supreme FX Manager and choose there your type of speakers and other settings...
Software is similar as this

https://youtu.be/rHa5RaQOnHg

If you still have problem as distortion, cracking or some similar audio problems I would try with driver for Windows 7 x64bit on differnt OS.
I tried before 2-3 months SupremeFX 2014. I installed Realtek Audio Driver from page for my motherboard start ASUS Setup he install everything.
I opened SupremeFX software and change speaker configuration and didn't had any sound problem.

But if your problem continue if you plan to stay on onboard solution not Phoebus or Sound Blaster Z or ASUS Strix Soar than maybe is time to call service and met them with audio problem. If they replicate problem and motherboard is culprit they will replace you board.
Supereme FX is for me very good for some period before customer decide how good sound want.
When you used on dedicate sound... and 100-120$ solutions are absolutely enough except for people with 500-600$ worth sound system, than you can't back any more on Onboard sound. Some good Sound cards cost 150-160-170$ with some unnecessary things...Xonar Phoebus and Sound Blaster Zx example. But same cards could be bought for 80-120$ only without control modules, Phoebus Solo and Sound Blaster Z.

DamianStr wrote:
I have The Maximus Viii Extreme But I Dont have Problems with Audio SupremeFX

did you also try Realtek official driver and what is your Audio system that you use

and there are no dmg cables or touche each other?

Vlada011 wrote:
ASUS ROG Motherboards are famous as hardware with best onboard audio card.
SupremeFX is was excellent and before 5 years but last 3 years evolve lot and now give even better sound quality.
Best what customer can get from onboard card.

Did you tried both version of driver from download page for your motherboard?
Some software as Driver Sweeper and Driver Cleaner have option to clean traces from Realtek Audio after uninstall and before install other driver.
When you install driver you should open Supreme FX Manager and choose there your type of speakers and other settings...
Software is similar as this

https://youtu.be/rHa5RaQOnHg

If you still have problem as distortion, cracking or some similar audio problems I would try with driver for Windows 7 x64bit on differnt OS.
I tried before 2-3 months SupremeFX 2014. I installed Realtek Audio Driver from page for my motherboard start ASUS Setup he install everything.
I opened SupremeFX software and change speaker configuration and didn't had any sound problem.

But if your problem continue if you plan to stay on onboard solution not Phoebus or Sound Blaster Z or ASUS Strix Soar than maybe is time to call service and met them with audio problem. If they replicate problem and motherboard is culprit they will replace you board.
Supereme FX is for me very good for some period before customer decide how good sound want.
When you used on dedicate sound... and 100-120$ solutions are absolutely enough except for people with 500-600$ worth sound system, than you can't back any more on Onboard sound. Some good Sound cards cost 150-160-170$ with some unnecessary things...Xonar Phoebus and Sound Blaster Zx example. But same cards could be bought for 80-120$ only without control modules, Phoebus Solo and Sound Blaster Z.

thanks both of you guys for responding to my question !

i just trying to install the driver on asus.com web site and i just dono what was that driver version cause one latest driver published on asus web site 4 days ago and im not sure witch of them installed right now !
whats the DMG CABLE ? please explain !

superemfx is awesome and agreed with you but ! i think problem comes from realtek and i think its not about mobo hardware and should be the software conflict or driver issue !

searching the web and found a solution with uninstalling REALTEK HD AUDIO AND HD DIGITAL AUDIO then installing realtek only with *.ini and disabling monitor hdmi audio and disabling hd digital audio from device manager !

seems problem is gone !
and sonic suite work correctly !
i should mention that , installed realtek audio driver without runing the setup !
the setup package would installing realtek hd audio driver + sonic radar + sonic suite + patch !
Corsair 2x 128GB Gs series ssD, ADATA 1x SX900 256G, Samsung Evo 850 500G, Seagate Baracuda 1TB, WD Blue 1TB
Razer Kraken

JET.1983 wrote:
thanks both of you guys for responding to my question !

i just trying to install the driver on asus.com web site and i just dono what was that driver version cause one latest driver published on asus web site 4 days ago and im not sure witch of them installed right now !
whats the DMG CABLE ? please explain !

superemfx is awesome and agreed with you but ! i think problem comes from realtek and i think its not about mobo hardware and should be the software conflict or driver issue !

searching the web and found a solution with uninstalling REALTEK HD AUDIO AND HD DIGITAL AUDIO then installing realtek only with *.ini and disabling monitor hdmi audio and disabling hd digital audio from device manager !

seems problem is gone !
and sonic suite work correctly !
i should mention that , installed realtek audio driver without runing the setup !
the setup package would installing realtek hd audio driver + sonic radar + sonic suite + patch !

The Realtek Driver Setup works fine for me. It must have been an issue with your particular Windows install or something. Nevertheless, I'm glad you managed to solve your problem.

problem is back 😞

i hate asus 😞

---------------

update to latest bios version (1202 ) and problem is gone 😉
enjoy your superb sound card :cool:
i love asus 😛
Razer Kraken

JET.1983 wrote:
problem is back 😞

i hate asus 😞

---------------

update to latest bios version (1202 ) and problem is gone 😉
enjoy your superb sound card :cool:
i love asus 😛

i have the same issue! , i did pretty much everything of the above..Even flashing bios to 1202v but the sound problem continues!!!!
its too sad , that asus release this nice board with a sound issue..
Shame..

ikaros007 wrote:
i have the same issue! , i did pretty much everything of the above..Even flashing bios to 1202v but the sound problem continues!!!!
Shame..

ikaros007, I have the same exact issue. All components tested, fully working on another Z170 board. Speakers, GPU, CASE, PSU, all tested and work perfect on my previous build.

Never had this audio issue before. Always have used Asus motherboards.

An Asus rep is getting back to me tomorrow, supposedly, and spoke with the technical guys over the weekend. He is aware many are getting audio issues.

Windows default audio drivers work 100% though.

Will post further info if it's note worthy tomorrow. I also may swap boards for the Hero Alpha, since it's coming out soon, I think.
Z790 Asus Hero Maximus on 0816 BIOS (0914 and 1202 crashes for me on XMP I), Intel 13900k stock clock, Asus 4090 Strix OC edition, FF3D532G720 Teamgroup Ram running XMP I, 16gb x 2, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB x 2, Seasonic VERTEX GX 1200W, Win 11 Pro 64, Deepcool LS720 AIO, NZXT H7 Flow. Comfortably using Armoury Crate for updates/fan xpert.

Try with installing new fresh of windows 10 enterprise + latest updates ( drivers ) also ( an important critical windows update ,500mb ) ,
Do not installing any drivers , sound , chipset , sata , ,,, from cd or asus website ,
Do not installing IME ،
Do not installing Ai Suite I II III

Use adaptive voltage ,
Downgrade any of overclocked parts to normal ,
Use xmp profile for memory modules ( i mean do not using voltages )

Everything default ,

In this condition you ll not feels any issue ,
Razer Kraken

ikaros007 wrote:
Shame..

Try with installing new fresh of windows 10 enterprise + latest updates ( drivers ) also ( an important critical windows update ,500mb ) ,
Do not installing any drivers , sound , chipset , sata , ,,, from cd or asus website ,
Do not installing IME ،
Do not installing Ai Suite I II III

Use adaptive voltage ,
Downgrade any of overclocked parts to normal ,
Use xmp profile for memory modules ( i mean do not using voltages )

Keep Everything default ,

In this condition you ll not feels any issue ,
Razer Kraken