cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Installation of Windows 7 BSOD after logo

5onic
Level 7
I'm on Windows 10, I wish to be on windows 7 for a dual boot. Anytime I install windows 7 - right after the logo it blue screens.

I've set secure boot to 'other OS' but it still crashes asking about some sort of driver.

I really don't want to be on windows 10 anymore, any suggestions?
8 REPLIES 8

Chino wrote:
Did you follow the steps that are in this Windows® 7 and USB 3.0 driver installation for 100 Series and Braswell platform guide?

I don't have usb 3.0... Also why do I need to use Asus dvd? I don't have a optical drive....

And the crash happens after installation is done but during the first initial set up launch.

So, after I format and install THEN load up the newly created partition for windows initial set up, it bsod.

This is really frustrating and dumb. Why can I no longer simply rufus my usb and install windows 7? The way I've been doing it for years.

Why would I need a usb 3.0 specifically?

Chino
Level 15
The Windows 7 installation CD doesn't come with USB 3.0 drivers.

Based on the chipset specification, the 100 series and Braswell platform require USB 3.0 drivers to be preloaded in order to use USB keyboard/mouse during Windows® 7 installation.

I'm unsure how any of that could be BSODing the windows. But I'll give it a try regardless when I have time.

Here is the image.

http://i.imgur.com/59ulquD.jpg

I tried even installing windows on another disk, so I wasn't even using a usb.

Is there any way to get ASUS support DVD as a usb?

Chino
Level 15
The only thing you need from that DVD is the USB 3.0 drivers. You should be able to download them from the support page.

Chino wrote:
The only thing you need from that DVD is the USB 3.0 drivers. You should be able to download them from the support page.

+Rep

Resolved.

Resolution: Installed Windows USB 3.0 drivers from ASUS support site on the running Windows 10 disk, then switched to Windows 7 and start up no longer BSOD.