cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751jy Shut down after 2 seconds upon startup!

zippymen
Level 7
My laptop always powers off about 2 seconds after being powered on :mad:. If I power it on a second time after that it works and does not shut down. it fails to start up only the first time.
Also this doesn't happend if i'm restarting the windows, only when it's shutted down 😞
I tried to reset to default the BIOS but the problem is still there, i also migrated my entire windows 10 from my old SSD to the Samsung 850 PRO 1TB SSD and the the problem persist..
2 REPLIES 2

Clintlgm
Level 14
sounds like you have screw up your boot manager. You can hit the ESC key on boot and select your boot drive that should fix it. if not if you still have your old drive installed you need to format it as a logical drive.
What drive is the default boot drive in your BIOS/UEFI it should be sent boot manager your 1 TB SSD.

You also after formatting your old drive to logical. Run a Repair install you may have to run it a few times to repair the boot manager.

If you need install media from Win 10 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 you get the option to install to a different computer, Yes, the create install USB or ISO your choice I would just let it create the bootable USB 4GB Clean USB needed Fat32
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

zippymen wrote:
My laptop always powers off about 2 seconds after being powered on :mad:. If I power it on a second time after that it works and does not shut down. it fails to start up only the first time.
Also this doesn't happend if i'm restarting the windows, only when it's shutted down 😞
I tried to reset to default the BIOS but the problem is still there, i also migrated my entire windows 10 from my old SSD to the Samsung 850 PRO 1TB SSD and the the problem persist..

@Clintlgm is right... is sounds like you have a problem with the windows boot manager / boot files- but it doesn't means it's screwed up.
you,@zippymen, mentioned few thing but it is hard to understand the chronological continuum.
thus, problem might be corrupt boot files, but it might also be wrong BIOS config or bad HW drive ( i.e bad blocks etc... ).
However, the reasonable approach based on the info you left is to repair windows boot files & config the bios correctly.

What drive layout you had, isn't important now -> only what you have currently :
The current drive that the Windows populates -> How did you "format" it before the migration ? GPT or MBR ?
( check it by running CMD throught windows installation disk, then, while in CMD run command: diskpart -> then check if the drive is GPT or MBR formatted )
* how to create windows bootable installation USB ? READ HERE UNDER "the HOW TO GUIDE" . ( <- go read here AFTER you finish reading this post... )
MBR ? -> you need change in the bios CSM to be ENABLED, then enter MS windows installation USB to the laptop, reboot, press ESC during POST ( i.e before windows loads, just after you press the power button ) pick the USB with the windows WITHOUT "UEFI" prefix -> preform boot fix.
GPT ? -> you need change in the bios CSM to be DISABLED, then enter MS windows installation USB to the laptop, reboot, press ESC during POST ( i.e before windows loads, just after you press the power button ) pick the USB with the windows WITH "UEFI" prefix -> preform boot fix.

if you can, make your self a favor and format the SSD as GPT, enter the windows USB installation disk (IMPORTENT: in the boot-selection menu, during POST, you MUST pick the USB WITH "UEFI" prefix ), format and remove any partition on that drive and "create" a new partition for your windows installation ( creating 1 partition will create 2 more -> that's what required by GPT and UEFI ), don't install windows but exit the installer -> restore/migrate the windows partition you already have -> perform the "GPT" boot fix as explained above.
WHY bother going through all of that ? READ HERE.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]